UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Consistency in everything you do

11/6/05 2:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sureshock
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Nov-05

How does one person stay consistent with regards to willpower, moral beleiefs, and general bhaviour. On days that I dont have work I am very happy and easy to talk to. On other days I completely shut myself down from social activities. I am one person one day and another person another day. This affects my will to go to the gym. It effects my worth ethic. It effects how I talk to my friends and how I view everyone around me. I just cant seem to stick with my moral beleifs because of the change in situations. I tend to dismiss them on days that I am reall busy with work and school. I just completely let myself go and would do anything to get the task done. I hope I have made myself a little clear. I know this is scattered and I apologize but I would like to hear from you guys why some people can maintain their dignity(respect with self) while others cannot. How would I deal with this in a positive way?
11/6/05 4:14 AM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 06-Nov-05

I think everyone has their ups and downs. and I don´t think everyone stays consistent all the time either. we are all human, and not perfect, so it´s natural to make mistakes from time to time. I think this is something we have to learn to accept about ourselves. So don´t be to hard on yourself imo. If this feels like a really serious problem, that makes you depressed, maybe you should talk to a professional?

11/7/05 2:08 AM
sureshock

Edited: 07-Nov-05
thanks fudo. :)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.