UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Glidecam....and other "stabilizers

11/10/05 12:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-05

I've recently figured out how to access some remote and abandoned installations. I want to make a few high speed "ride-thru's" either by bicycle or skateboard and chronicle the indigenous animals running for cover while I streak through their habitat as well as the possible chase by authorities that may happen. I was wondering how the glide cam without the body pod would work keeping the camera steady or would just palming it net the same results. Could the body pod work on someone twisting and carving old school on a skateboard like Jay Adams.
11/10/05 2:28 PM
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-05
I use a glide cam system. I use it without the pod and with the bodypod. The results without the pod are far superior to hand held action.
11/11/05 7:50 AM
Ponyboy
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-Nov-05
I am not familiar enough with the stuff to understand your configuration. How does one use with the body pod but without the pod?
11/11/05 11:17 AM
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ponyboy... I have the Glidecam 4000 system. At times I'll use it without the bodypod as a handheld stabilizing unit. At other times, I use it connected to the body pod. I am upgrading from the body pod to the new body mounted stabilizing system that is much closer to a full blown Steady Cam system. I'm going to be shooting a feature this winter in HD (when the new Panasonic 200 comes out) and use it on this new Glidecam system. I'll post reviews once I get the new rig and camera.
11/11/05 12:34 PM
Ponyboy

Cool.......and thanks........I'm trying to put something together to send my buddy pete zuccarini who is light years ahead of me in this department so I will have to play the creativity card to impress him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.