UnderGround Forums

Japan UnderGround >> help w/ info about japan

11/10/05 12:47 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
evomma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Nov-05
Evolution Combat Club

hey UG,i'm heading to tokyo in december for the pride NYE show,i was hoping someone there could help w/ some info about other MMA events around that time...i got a copy of gong magazine here,but it only covers until nov30...i'll be there from dec28 until jan5,i'd like to try to catch a shooto or pancrase show or some other smaller event...anyone know anything going on then???
11/11/05 6:25 AM
HungryTiger

Edited: 11-Nov-05
I had a look here: http://www.boutreview.com/calendar.html and apparently there's nothing on schedule between the 28th and 5th. Besides a kickboxing show on the 4th...
12/7/05 3:25 AM
evomma

Edited: 07-Dec-05
Evolution Combat Club
hey,it's dec 7 now,anyone have any updated info on events around dec29-jan4?? i know some of the publications have schedules in them,the only ones i can get here in NY are from oct....
12/7/05 8:13 AM
FI

I have the same type of question but im only going to be in japan for a short stopover Feb 3rd-7th 2006. An was wondering if anyone knew of any shooto or MMA events at that time. I havent planed what im doing i japan as yet Also i was wondering if there where any gyms around that don't mind girls coming and training either BJJ or shooto. Fiona(Australia)
12/7/05 10:31 AM
HungryTiger

Well, there's the "SmackGirl and Gi Feminino" on the 3rd of February. Here's their website http://www.smackgirl.com/ I'm into boxing/kickboxing so cant be of help as far as BJJ gyms go, but I believe it shouldn't be a problem. Most, if not all, gyms will probably accept a drop in student/fighter from another country, regardless wheather it's a man or woman
12/7/05 7:34 PM
Paul Carroll
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You need to be aware b/w Dec 30 to Jan 3 ish Tokyo becomes a ghost town. Most things are closed - shops, bars, restuarants and banks ! Pride NYE show is the only thing of real interest during that period.
12/8/05 2:09 AM
evomma

Edited: 08-Dec-05
Evolution Combat Club
thanx,paul,i experienced that last year,it was tough even finding places to eat,everything was closed!!! do you know of any place to order pride tkts online? usually i just go to ticket pia and get them,but this time i won't be arriving until dec29,i don't want to cut it that short...
12/8/05 6:03 AM
FI

Edited: 08-Dec-05
Sorry what/where is WK? Sounds like what im after. Like i said im only in the country for a few days( then off to USA) but it looks like i have a c-class shooto event back in Australian the start march and dont want to miss to much training if i can help it.
12/9/05 5:04 PM
FI

Edited: 09-Dec-05
THanks for the info guys.As expected the pages are all in kanji, which i cant read :( ( I knew i should have done japanese past grade 9) Can anyone tell me please tell me what city the smackgirl event is in? SILK i arrive in Japan via Tokyo from Feb 3rd and leave 7th feb 2006
12/10/05 1:39 AM
hamu86

Edited: 10-Dec-05
FI, the February Smack Girl event is at the Kitazawa Town Hall. Not too far from central Tokyo, but if your airplane arrives in Narita in the afternoon you might not get to the venue on time. El Presidente, you can probably order from the Pia website (t.pia.co.jp) or by calling Pia in advance and arranging to pick the tickets up at a physical location later. I think you can also order them through Lawson convenience stores by telephone, then picking them up from any Lawson with your credit card. The problem is that both of these would require some Japanese ability and your credit card might possibly need to be issued in Japan as well.
12/14/05 6:00 PM
evomma

Edited: 14-Dec-05
Evolution Combat Club
hamu,thanks,i think i got it done via lawson tkt,i had a japanese friend here call it in...do you know exactly how the lawson pick up works,can i just present my credit card and get the tkts,or do i have to use one of those kiosks that are in japanese?? i'm gonna have my friend write detailed instructions in kanji so that i can show the guy st lawson's and maybe he can help...what do you think?
12/14/05 8:45 PM
hamu86

Edited: 14-Dec-05
I believe that you need to use the Japanese ticket kiosk to print your ticket. However, if you have all the details, your friend's instructions and your credit card, I'm sure one of the Lawson employees will be happy to try to help you out.
12/26/05 3:37 AM
evomma

Edited: 26-Dec-05
Evolution Combat Club
thnx,hamu

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.