UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> New Online Clip

11/12/05 10:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Dec-05 09:19 AM
The CSPT

We just put up a new online clip. It's six minutes long. http://www.demibarbito.com/overview.html Demi www.DemiBarbito.com
11/12/05 8:39 PM
ukcblaze
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-05
Clips werent too long but kinda looks like Red Zone on parts... have you seen Red Zone?
11/12/05 10:40 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-05
The CSPT
I filmed Red Zone for Jerry a few years ago. While we agree on many things, our programs have many differences. Demi
11/13/05 9:46 PM
ukcblaze
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Nov-05 09:47 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Demi, I am really interested in empty hand vs knife/weapon defense and I love Red Zone. It works great when I ask my a-hole friends to grab my dummy knife and let loose on me(they always love proving me wrong). I would love to know what your system would bring to the table, can you please give me some detail on the differences between your system and others like Red Zone and STAB. Danny
11/14/05 4:39 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Edited: 14-Nov-05
The CSPT
Our program begins with Threat Recognition and the realization that a knife is lethal force. Some programs teach that if a person pulls out a knife and just threatens you and hasn't really made an overt attack you could probably just run. Understood. But since it is lethal force, those of us who are armed could shoot if possible. Lethal force is lethal force. We cover movement and position as well as multiple options you could employ before the knife is ever thrusted or slashed. We treat each program as though a beginner is watching and provide training methods as well. We use a "knife stop" as well as just grabbing the knife weilding limb. I do not use the Spear System for high line attacks. We approach it differently. There are probably more but I've never seen stab. Demi
11/15/05 12:37 AM
ukcblaze

Edited: 15-Nov-05
Demi, Can you please go into further detail on the "knife stop"? I find it quite hard myself to simply grab the knife weilding limb on someone that is being real aggresive with me, they always seem to pull away and I pay for it with bruises(could be worst if it was a real knife.) I was trying to do some more searching on your sight and came across the pics you posted from the "homeland security" seminar. You seem to be using a baseball bat hold on the weapon arm then use very simillar tactics that Jerry shows in Red Zone. So reguarding actual tactics, are the differences between your system and Red Zone just in the initial contact, then basically go into the same thing or does it differ after your first approach? Danny
11/15/05 9:11 AM
Demitrius Barbito

The CSPT
A knife stop is where you overlap the thumbs very deeply into each hand and creat a place to "stop" the forearm thats coming in. "Then" you grab the knife arm. You will have to just grab or even catch it sometimes though. There are a number of differences in the approaches. *On the high line attacks we use completly different techniques. *We really stress training the long range counter knife options. *For the slash (and the thrust) we also sieze the arm. This is very different than the knife stop or catch. Demi
11/15/05 10:46 AM
ukcblaze

Demi What about after your first contact.. what do you use to subdue the assailant.. That is the part that really reminds me of the Red Zone and I was wondering if it is like the Red Zone, I mean like they say.. If it aint broke... Or do you use your own methods.. Since you filmed Red Zone with Jerry can you let me know.. if I decided to purchase your DVD's, would I be getting something totally new and inovative... or a recap with your own touch added to the begining? Danny
11/15/05 9:32 PM
Demitrius Barbito

The CSPT
You are only reffering to the low thrust. When it comes to that attack we focus heavily on things you can do before the attack actually happens, then we use the over lapping thumbs and then we go to the wrist, which is like red zone. But we also use a technique called "sieze the arm" which is not at all like the wrist position. We also use totally different high line defenses. Demi
11/16/05 12:22 AM
ukcblaze

Edited: 16-Nov-05
Thanks for the response Demi, can you into more depth on seize the arm???
12/1/05 12:14 PM
ryangruhn
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Dec-05
No reason to add another thread pertaining to the same subject; here is our new gym promo and the FMA promo. Let me know what you guys think! http://titanfitness.com/promos/titan.wmv http://www.titanfitness.com/promos/kali.wmv Gruhn

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.