UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> What i learnt from my films...

11/12/05 10:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LEMon
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Nov-05

Guys lets start a "what i learnt.." thread, so we can learn from eachothers errors. My Films: -Keep the director away from the editing suite when your not there, he can only fuck up your fine work. its ok for him to be there when ure there and tinker but not when your not as i found out the hard way at our premiere and he fucked some stuff up......guess whos name is on the editing credit!!!! - Forget about relying on "fixing it in post". The amount of people on set (ie the producer or 1st AD) who say "ahhh we will fix it in post...." display they know little about post and should be executed right there and then (particularly if u are continuity, director, sound designer or editor). - Try to avoid using DAT tapes as a sound capturing source if you are doing a small crew film, ie if your incharge of sound lol! makes it difficult unless your prepared to spend alot of time synching!!! -READ READ READ READ and DO DO DO DO. Dont get analysis paralysis!!
11/23/05 12:31 PM
Lancifer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Nov-05
What was the project you were working on?
11/26/05 3:19 AM
LEMon
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Nov-05
A couple of different ones, from university films, to independant ones to working on a proffesional set. I dont have ALOT of experience but i am building it.... please share guys..

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.