UnderGround Forums

Africa UnderGround >> Virgil Kalakoda now in K-1

11/13/05 6:26 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Grin Socker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Nov-05

Virgil Kalakoda is taking kickboxing by storm. He just fought in the K-1 Maxx and beat Yoshihiro Sato. Sato is a tough Muay Thai fighter and has wins over Kaoklai, Peter Crooke, and other tough Thai fighters. Virgil is the former IBF boxing champion and won a decision in front of the Japanese crowd at a recent K-1 Maxx event. Virgil hails from South Africa and is probably the premier fighter from his country.
11/16/05 6:21 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jan-06 08:52 AM
Anybody who actually saw the Virgil/Sato fight knows that Sato was robbed big time. Never liked Virgil meself anyhow. Have a particular dislike for his dad. Now there is a crooked man.
11/19/05 4:01 AM
Grin Socker

Edited: 19-Nov-05
Well.....damn! Sounds personal. Me and Virgil are good people and I we chat on the boards occassionaly, but personal relationships are different than those on the net. Still a good K-1 fighter even you must admit
11/19/05 10:20 AM
SILK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Nov-05
"Still a good K-1 fighter even you must admit" Won't even admit to that. Sato was robbed according to all who actually saw the fight. His IBF title is also laughed at by a few. Has he got skills? For sure he has some. Btw, I used to live in Cape Town(Hence quite familiar with the ongoings of Steve...). Where are you at? Sounds like Cape Town too? :-)
11/22/05 6:38 PM
Grin Socker

Edited: 22-Nov-05
I'm out in the U.S. here in Colorado..... but I will probably be taking a trip to visit him. Just like in every state there are polotics and it sounds like you guys have had some issues, but you are there and I am not so I respect your opinion about the situation. Virgil is good with me though. I hope to meet them all in the K-1 eventually.
11/22/05 8:32 PM
SILK

Edited: 22-Nov-05
If you and Virgil are on good terms then good on ya :-) I was never one of his friends (Heck, he prolly doesn't even know who I am), but we had several mutual friends. My beef is way more with his father though. I wish Virgil the best of luck in his future and hope he does well, but will root against the other guy ;-)
11/24/05 10:58 PM
Grin Socker

Edited: 24-Nov-05
I feel you Silk. What's going on with the kickboxing seen out there anyway? Is the scene growing? Are there any outstanding fighters?
11/24/05 11:37 PM
SILK

Edited: 23-Jan-06 07:43 PM
To be honest I don't know anymore. I left South Africa in 2002. I'm quite pissed that we have a good place for South Africans (As well as other Africans) to let the world know about themselves (ie MMA.TV), but there is practically nobody that comes on here to say what's happening down there. I used to post news about the scenes when living back home. But now it almost feels like there is nothing happening. Recently chatted to a mate back home, and he says there are regular mma events and so on. But we hear nothing about it beyond South Africa :-( Which is a shame. They've got some good guys with strength and technique, but nobody knows about them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.