UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Bruce Lee's Physique

11/24/05 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MrWind
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Nov-05
Christian Bale could tell you how to do it. I believe the diet is one apple and one tin of tuna per day till nothing but bone shows. Shouldn't take more than two months for most people.
11/24/05 1:11 PM
ricksongjj

ttt
11/24/05 1:59 PM
Basketball Jones

"Could you give any sources for these claims? I've never heard of him eating lots of pork" Bruce Lee: The Biography by Robert Clouse. Clouse was the director of Enter the Dragon.
11/24/05 2:10 PM
XPmagus

Yama-Arashi speaks the truth. I have a brother who has an extremely low body fat %. He is a little taller then Bruce Lee, weighs about 125 but doesn't have the muscles Lee does at all.
11/24/05 2:35 PM
populist
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of the books about him say he was 5'7" and 140-145 lbs most of his adult life but got down to about 128 for Enter the Dragon. Different weights look different on different people. If his skeleton were larger and he were 128 lbs, he would look like he was starving, but he had good muscle for his frame. Part of the reason his physique inspires people is BECAUSE he was so little--when a little dude gets that strong and looks that good even though he's stick-thin, it makes you believe you can do it, too.
11/24/05 2:53 PM
hackett
101 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-Nov-05 03:07 PM
Interesting to read that about Clouse... other people who knew Lee never mention it though. It's not consistent with what I've heard or read. EDIT: Looking around the net, Uyehar says he'd eat anything, which is good for a guy trying to gain weight :) TH
11/24/05 3:59 PM
yomamafool

intersting about his grandson making a movie, i will definitely have to look into this

there is also a new movie on his life being made in china, suppose ot be more accurate then dragon. we will see.

chewing cannabis does not hurt your body. sorry. anything in excess does, if you want to make that argument.

also, the allergic reaction to an equigesic (tylenol) is supposedly accurate. alot of mystery surronuded his death, people changing their stories. also very eery similarities between his death and his sons and their final movies (that neither finished).

11/24/05 4:29 PM
Naughty Gorilla

from mikementzer.com "As Mr. Little reports in his article, even such a personage as Joe Weider remarked on the astounding muscular refinement and definition of Lee's physique, especially the master's abs. As Mr. Little also explains, Bruce Lee's physique had a remarkable influence on some of today's top physique champs. Bodybuilding luminaries, including Lou Ferrigno, Lee Haney, Dorian Yates, Rachel Mclish, Lenda Murray, Flex Wheeler and Shawn Ray have all spoken on record concerning the enormous impact the physique of Bruce Lee had on them. " He was about 130lbs at his lowest weight, but I think that was around the time he died
11/24/05 4:35 PM
karasu

The UFC shed a lot of reality in the myth filled world of Martial Arts and made us requestion the legendary status of many masters but one thing is for certain, Bruce Lee is a master of cool!
11/24/05 4:36 PM
Naughty Gorilla

Chuck Norris - "Lee, pound for pound, might well have been one of the strongest men in the world, and certainly one of the quickest". Joe Lewis - "Bruce was incredibly strong for his size. He could take a 75lb barbell and from a standing position with the barbell held flush against his chest, he could slowly stick his arms out, lock them and hold the barbell there for 20 seconds, that's pretty damn tough for a guy who at the time only weighed 138lbs. I know 200lb weight lifters who can't do that." Danny Inosanto - "Bruce had tremendous strength in holding a weight out horizontally in a standing position. I know because I've seen it. He'd take a 125lb barbell and hold it straight out". Jesse Glover - "Bruce would take hold of a 70lb dumbbell with one arm and raise it to a lateral position, level to his shoulder and then he'd hold the contraction for a few seconds. Nobody else I knew could even get it up there, let it alone hold it up there". Wally Jay - "I last saw Bruce after he moved from Culver City to Bel Air. He had a big heavy bag hanging out on his patio. It weighed 300lbs. I could hardly move it at all. Bruce said to me "Hey, Wally, watch this" and he jumped back and kicked it and this monster of a heavy bag went up to the ceiling, Thump!!! And came back down. I still can't believe the power that guy had". Hayward Nishioka - "Bruce had this trademark "One Inch Punch", he could send individuals (Some of whom outweighed him by over 100lbs) flying through the air where they'd crash to the ground 15 feet away. I remember getting knocked up against the wall by that punch. I didn't think it was possible that he could generate so much power in his punch, especially when he was just laying his hand against my chest, he just twitched a bit and Wham!!!, I went flying backward and bounced off a wall. I took him very seriously after that."
11/24/05 4:44 PM
Johnny99

"there is also a new movie on his life being made in china, suppose ot be more accurate then dragon"

If Dragon is trhe flick I'm thinking of, it won't be too hard to improve on the accuracy. In fact, the A-Team was more realistic.

11/24/05 5:47 PM
spuggy

bruce lee had a poor appitite all his life, but he trained like a man posessed, hence his wirey physique.
11/24/05 6:40 PM
andrewn

"hald an ounce or more of canibus in his stomach." It was a little over a gram from what I remember" LOL an ounce of grass is about the size of a small steak and practically indigestible. I reckon anyone who tried to eat that would die. A friend once put an ounce into a chocolate cake, it was REAL gritty and fibrous at that concentration. Made it through a small slice, can't imagine eating the whole cake. You might be able to eat an ounce of hash. You'd be stoned for about six months, I'd imagine. "C'mon, some gymnasts walk around all year round with even 5% body fat and they are healthy." I was a gynmast and high school and know some Olympians. Like most elite athletes, these guys lived right on the edge of exhaustion and injury. Your generalisation is Some of the elite female gymnasts train so hard their periods stop. That can't be healthy.
11/24/05 6:43 PM
Johnny99

"hald an ounce or more of canibus in his stomach."

Wow. It's like looking into the future and seeing Joe Rogan's obituary. (Except a newspaper would have spell checked "cannibis".)

11/24/05 7:48 PM
DiSmAnTLeR

"Wow. It's like looking into the future and seeing Joe Rogan's obituary. (Except a newspaper would have spell checked "cannibis".)" cannabis
11/24/05 8:26 PM
holly9000
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

T.U.F.F.S.
it was Xyience
11/24/05 10:33 PM
SCroller

"LOL an ounce of grass is about the size of a small steak and practically indigestible. I reckon anyone who tried to eat that would die. A friend once put an ounce into a chocolate cake, it was REAL gritty and fibrous at that concentration. Made it through a small slice, can't imagine eating the whole cake." To keep your idiot friend from wastimg more weed, tell him to sautee teh weed in butter, strain the weed out, then use the butter to make the cake. BTW, the weed is not indigestible, and would not kill you. You'd have a mean buzz, though. Love when poeple are proud of their ignorance.
11/24/05 10:41 PM
mayiwhoopu

Bruce Lee did all he did despite having MAJOR back problems for most of his adult life.....
11/25/05 12:24 AM
boxingman

Edited: 25-Nov-05
ttt
11/25/05 12:48 AM
JKBBMF

Bruce Lee was: A: Chinese- which usually means a diet of mostly fish, chicken, and rice, not stuff that makes you fat. B: a small guy , which means he didn't have much bodyfat to start with (see early photos). C: an avid runner, rope jumper, shadowboxer, heavybag worker, etc. (which means he burned a shitload of calories on a daily basis). D: lifted weights in circuit fashion (which burns even more calories). E: had a crazy schedule, which probably caused him to miss meals on a fairly regular basis. I could go on, but you get the idea. End result- a physique with very little fat, definition, but not much size (just enough to inspire several generations to work out). JKB
11/25/05 1:56 AM
Moke
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of you have it backwards. Bruce Lee had classic "skinny guy" problems. He had problems PUTTING and KEEPING on weight. He had to eat like a madman to put and hold on weight. He also had alot of various things and theories of what to eat (like ground egg shells for example). The weight he lost before he died wasn't from dieting down, he was losing it through massive stress and illness. He didn't want to lose that weight. He tried to maintain as much thickness as possible through Enter The Dragon, but was having alot of trouble by Game of Death.
11/25/05 2:02 AM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yomamafool, I think you are mistaken that equigesic is Tylonol at all. I can't find any common ingredients. Equigesic Each milliliter contains: Flunixin Meglumine equivalent to Flunixin50 mg Edetate Disodium 0.1 mg Sodium Formaldehyde Sulfoxylate 2.5 mg Diethanolamine 4.0 mg Tylonol is Acetaminophen and something to carry it in(a pill,liquid). I don't think they are the sane thing. Vets use Equigesic for inflammation in horses. I imagine the pills he took were a bit different. LMAO at an ounce of pot in his stomach. Made me think of the beginning of Super Troopers.
11/25/05 2:30 AM
Jack Carter
337 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"It weighed 300lbs. I could hardly move it at all. Bruce said to me "Hey, Wally, watch this" and he jumped back and kicked it and this monster of a heavy bag went up to the ceiling, Thump!!" LMFAO @ this bullshit
11/25/05 4:55 AM
s98ronin

"Great quotes, Naughty Gorilla. It's great to read comments directly from the mouths of his contemporaries. That stuff holds SO MUCH more weight than the comments of the many revisionist historians who, for some bizarre reason, wish to diminish Bruce Lee" DarrenJG, You know that Glover has said that Bruce Lee would have no chance against modern NHB fighters like Rickson Gracie? He said it in an interview in scandinavias biggest MA magazine "Fighter" back in the 90s when NHB had just begun to get popular. If youre not a hypocrit then that comment should hold just as much weight then...
11/25/05 7:51 AM
HungryTiger

That's right, that's in the book Unsettled matters. Btw, his favourite meal was beef with oyster sauce.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.