Edited: 25-Nov-05
ttt
11/25/05 9:11 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yomamafool
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

racer x,

yeah i was never really sure what equigesic was, i use tylenol as an example because that was the example provided me. all reports i have seen say he died from an allergic reaction to an equigesic. i am thinking an equigesic used for horses would have a negative affct of some kind, probably not the same as what was used for the horses.

and i tout this all the time, but someone check the similarities between bruces character in game of death, the way the story was re-written to mirror issues bruce was reported to have had in the movie industry at the time;

the way his character was almost killed compared to the way his son was really killed;

and the storyline about coming back from the dead to get revenge compared to the crows story line about the same.

am i the only motherfucker that recognizes these uncanny similarities? i have not met one mofo that thinks that these things mean a damn thing. not one. maybe i'm crazy.

11/25/05 9:16 AM
yomamafool

...and neither lived to see these two movies completed.
11/25/05 9:43 AM
colubrid1

I lived in west L.A. at the time of his death and knew some of his close friends in the Beverly Hills area. None of you will beleive this but none of the stories are correct surronding Bruces Lee's death. He actually died from a blow to the head. He was caught with his friends girlfriend and Bruce wanted him to fight him. The guy threw some kind off blow to Bruces head which caused the swelling that led to his death.
11/25/05 10:13 AM
yomamafool

i dunno about this story, but IF it has any merit (which i for one fucking doubt),

bruce was hospitalised not too long before he died for swelling of the brain. he recovered and then the swelling returned for some reason the night of his death.

11/25/05 10:34 AM
Eddy Payeur
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

some interestion Point of views on this thread. ttt
11/25/05 10:48 AM
Johnney D

"To keep your idiot friend from wastimg more weed, tell him to sautee the weed in butter, strain the weed out, then use the butter to make the cake". EXACTLY!!! I can't believe people actually eat the weed when making "bud brownies". LMMFAO at eating grass like fuckin horses. Waisted a bunch of weed and tasted like shit too. NICE!!!
11/25/05 11:00 AM
Punisher73

"It weighed 300lbs. I could hardly move it at all. Bruce said to me "Hey, Wally, watch this" and he jumped back and kicked it and this monster of a heavy bag went up to the ceiling, Thump!!" LMFAO @ this bullshit ----- I have seen the footage of this bag, I don't know if it weighed 300 lbs or not but he doesn't really kick the bag he runs at it and then pushes the bag with his leg. Yeah, it moved alot of weight some distance but it wasn't a "kick" that just sent it flying. I'll have to try and find it, but I remember reading in a book where Bruce said that he was kind of chubby with a bit of a belly (or words similiar to that) before he really started training seriously.
11/25/05 11:31 AM
Naughty Gorilla

First of all the guy was always getting new equipment because he'd wear out his equipment so fast. (Quote from the guy who built his equipment) How the hell do you know if that was the same bag ? Second of all, what you describe is a kick dumbass. Ever see Remy Bonjasky run into a flying kick or knee KO ? Thirdly the quote was from a peer of Bruce not a student. Why would he lie ? "LMFAO @ this bullshit ----- I have seen the footage of this bag, I don't know if it weighed 300 lbs or not but he doesn't really kick the bag he runs at it and then pushes the bag with his leg. Yeah, it moved alot of weight some distance but it wasn't a "kick" that just sent it flying."
11/25/05 11:33 AM
fingers 'n' teeth
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

11/25/05 11:34 AM
Naughty Gorilla

Just because he couldn't beat a modern NHB fighter (never mind that he'd be 50 or 60 years old) doesn't mean we should disrespect a martial arts pioneer who first introduced concepts of reality training. And it doesn't mean he wasn't a badass in his own right. " You know that Glover has said that Bruce Lee would have no chance against modern NHB fighters like Rickson Gracie? "
11/25/05 11:58 AM
karasu

Bruce Lee had awsome speed and power but everyone has a weakness, I wonder if his chin was ever tested? I personally do not doubt Bruce's REAL fighting ability. I get a feeling the guy had a short fuse and if he were really pissed I think he could do some damage.
11/25/05 12:14 PM
Basketball Jones

I don't think Bruce was on roids. But on a side note would you take anabolics and have a 135lbs bodyweight? Bruce Lee's favorite meal was hostess twinkies. I saw it in Marvel Comics. Ok. I only said that so the class clowns will start a bunch of nonsensical I heard Bruce Lee's favorite meal was repsonses
11/25/05 3:16 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I lived in west L.A. at the time of his death and knew some of his close friends in the Beverly Hills area. None of you will beleive this but none of the stories are correct surronding Bruces Lee's death. He actually died from a blow to the head. He was caught with his friends girlfriend and Bruce wanted him to fight him. The guy threw some kind off blow to Bruces head which caused the swelling that led to his death." You are correct. None of us will believe this because it is complete fabrication. Jeez, how do people buy into stories that are utterly debunked by the most superficial facts concerning an event? The coroners report on Bruce's death probably would have contained something about a blow to the head. If you think that kind of thing could have been kept quiet you're just not thinking it through.
11/25/05 3:25 PM
karasu

I think over-training played a part in his death, perhaps his body just finally broke down. Some people mentioned he had such a strong work ethic, but I would question if his *work ethic* was really a manifestation of mental illness. Still, I wish I had the self discipline to aquire such a physique but not at the cost of good health.
11/25/05 4:17 PM
mayiwhoopu

Colubrid, shut the fuck up you lying newbie spammer!! You're right, I don't believe it.....
11/25/05 5:31 PM
orcus

"he could send individuals (Some of whom outweighed him by over 100lbs) flying through the air where they'd crash to the ground 15 feet away." Is it just me, or would a punch hard enough to throw someone through the air a couple feet (never mind 15) probably have to be hard enough to completely destroy the ribcage? Someone can swing a steel beam into your sternum and you won't fly 15 feet through the air (you will be dead, though).
11/25/05 5:41 PM
Ron Mexico

15 feet is a long way, but people can long jump that distance. I think someone who got a running start and kicked someone smaller than themselves in their center of mass, right as the person they were kicking jumped up in the air as high as they could, maybe they could kick someone 15 feet through the air. Doing it from a standing start, on a larger opponent = total bullshit.
11/25/05 5:50 PM
ASubF83

1.) STRICT Diet 2.) Training EVERYDAY 3.) LOT'S of Cardio
11/25/05 7:07 PM
Punisher73

How the hell do you know if that was the same bag ? Second of all, what you describe is a kick dumbass. Ever see Remy Bonjasky run into a flying kick or knee KO ? I know what flying kick/knee is. This wasn't it. He was doing a standing leg press to the bag. He runs up to it and there is no extension just prior to the kick he just pushes the bag. I would define a kick as something that would have an impact force as part of the strike, not just pushing with the leg. If you saw the video I'm pretty sure it was the bag in question. It is a HUGE bag hanging on his porch. Nobody said the guy was lying, Wally Jay is a respected MA. It's just draws a different image if you just hear "kick" and think a front snap kick or a front thrust kick.
11/25/05 7:27 PM
sak-fu

11/25/05 7:36 PM
karasu

well, since Bruce cannot give comment perhaps John Lewis can shed some light on his diet?
11/25/05 8:44 PM
s98ronin

"who first introduced concepts of reality training." There were plenty of people who were into reality based training before Bruce Lee. Guys like Imi Lichtenfeldt, Applegate and Fairbarn etc. Just cos you think that a moviestar introduced the world to realistic training doesnt mean that it really was so...
11/25/05 8:53 PM
colubrid1

"The coroners report on Bruce's death probably would have contained something about a blow to the head. If you think that kind of thing could have been kept quiet you're just not thinking it through." Nevertheless, it was kept quiet. Do you really think Bruce Lee would still be a legend if people knew he died from someone kicking his ass? Hollywood has it secrets. Back then it was easier to cover them up than it is today.
11/25/05 9:33 PM
karasu

colubrid1 your story is certainly possible, it's just hard to believe when no one of credibiltiy has gone public with the story. It makes you wonder if such a claim was true why hasn't someone tried to cash in on this news? So, if no one of credibility has gone public with this story and this internet post is the first anyone has heard of such a claim then at this moment these facts are just gossip and not a credible source of info IMHO.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.