UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Fighter Query

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Elvis
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Hey Tony, This is Elvis here. It appears that I will be fighting Walt Lysac in November at UCC3 for the LHW title. I was told you may know about Walt. I was hoping you would have some information that I could use to begin tayloring my training. Anybody else with info would also be appreciated. Thanx Elvis "Rock n Rumble" Sinosic
Tony Blauer
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Hey Elvis! Wow. This is tough... WHy? Walt has been one of my closest friends for many years. Obviously there's a bias there, which is difficult because you even though we've e-mailed over the years and I finally got to meet you, I like you. nHB is a paradox. It is a sport, but it is dangerous. But because NHB is a sport, I would love to see people fighting using techinique without the intention to harm. In that vein, I would love to see a classic match between you two, one that tests all attributes [confidence, stamina, strength, technique], a match NHB fans could be proud to say they were there to see! Honestly, and I trust you can respect my position here, Walt is very good, and has no glaring weakness in his arsenal, but he has not fought before a crowd like this, whcih may mean something or nothing?? So, having worked with him, watched him over many years and 'felt' his skill, Elvis, show up to fight! Good luck, let's make the NHB world proud. Tony
Elvis
197 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Tony, Thanx for the advice. I did not realise when I posted that Walt was a friend of yours. Since I learnt that I did feel bad about posting in your forum. I wouldn't expect anyone to divulge anything about a friend or training partner/student. I'll let this thread go here (you can delete if you want). Thanx again for being so good about it. Pass on my best to Walt and let him know that I look forward to the challenge of competing against him. All the best Elvis
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks Elvis and don't feel bad. Like I wrote above, the sport is a real paradox because it is much more dangerous [potentially] than other contact sports. As a fan, I just want to see great strategy & tactics. As a friend, my feelings are prejudiced. Having met you and spoken with you complicates this, but let's all remember its a sport and athletes must produce AND entertain. I wish both of you confidence and safety in all your future fights! Tony
The RealStudent

It's nice to watch class coming out rather than some of the things we've grown to expect in combat sports. Good luck and good contest to all. RealStudent
Elvis

I guess I would be more suprised if Tony didn't act with class. Thanx for being so understanding. Looking forward to catching up again and putting on a great performance for the crowd. Take care Elvis
Kirik
1634 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC
You guys are radiating class here. If only a glimemr would leak into some other people's lives.
The RealStudent

Uh...actually, Elvis, I was also refering to your looking beyond your own needs as a fighter and recognizing Tony's relation with Walt, in what position that could put Tony, and your gracious acceptance of that. But everything got resolved; no blood, no fouls. Like I wrote earlier: class. RealStudent
Elvis

Thanx... greatly appreciated... I hopefully can show as much skill in the ring as we have shown class here on the forum. Regards Elvis
JoeStagner
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

USMuayThai.com
Naw - Guys, I've seen some of those training sessions..... Tony and Walt have been perfecting "catching bullets in their teeth" techniques and stuff. ' Now, they haven't worked up to shotguns and stuff, but they're young guys. ;) Joe

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.