UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Curated Show at Anthology Film....

12/1/05 10:15 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lynn@Renzos
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Dec-05

I should have posted this on here before. It would have been a great way to meet up with some of you guys last night. Well anyway, last night I curated a show of videos at the legendary Anthology Film Archives here in NYC. It was actually quite an amazing experience. I gave a brief little speech in the beginning and then the show jumped off. All went well with a solid round of applause at the end. The best though was seeing my girl all impressed with the selection. Half the time, she thinks I am into weird boring shit...haha. Any of you guys make it out by chance?
12/1/05 3:46 PM
Lancifer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sounds like it was a great time! Do you find yourself in this kind of PR/ Public-speaking role a great deal? ...oh yeah...give a little on the videos that were shown.
12/1/05 10:50 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Lancifer, Sometimes I do. I also teach classes on Monday and Wednesday in the South Bronx in an after high school program. The first time I stood up in front of the kids, I was pretty nervous. It was odd because I've given lectures in front of large groups of people (in the hundreds) and wasn't as nervous as I was that first day there. It was funny. The videos were kind of varied from one of mine shot in the South Bronx with guys from the 183rd street crew to an odd animated chicken to a talking cat from England. THere was definitely a flow in the curation but the subjects varied greatly. I have a vlog up that has some of my stuff that I do on the street and will have some interview stuff up on my other label site in the next week or so. It's a hip hop label so I shoot a ton of that stuff for it. Today I was at Ruff Ryders' studio shooting Drag-On. Tomorrow I'll be shooting Styles P and a few other people. If you follow hip hop, it was pretty cool.
12/2/05 2:04 AM
asymmetrik

Edited: 02-Dec-05
Lynn, that's excellent. We should definitely hook up. I work with a crew that recently shot some shows for Koch Records, AZ, Cormega, Ghostface. These guys are totally hooked-up. Earlier we also did some vids for 50's Massacre dvd. I'd love to light or operate for you anytime you're in need.
12/2/05 10:22 AM
Lancifer
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good stuff, Lynn! ...now what is a vlog? *braces for impending beratement*
12/2/05 11:15 AM
Lynn@Renzos

no need for a beratement. a vlog is a blog that has primarily videos as opposed to text posts. they are truly amazing and people load the videos via rss feed from itunes to their new video ipods. tivo is releasing a new machine that can download rss feeds to the television which allows anyone to have their own television show. it will truly change media. I'm involved in the backend on some exciting shit now. no anal thing intended there...lol.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.