UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> have any tips for FINAL EXAMS?

12/3/05 4:54 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Power Paw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Dec-05 05:37 AM

i'm about to head into some FINAL EXAMS! i was wondering if anybody had some tips they'd like to share? quick background info on my situation: - kind of slacked during the semester, i say kind of because this is the most effort i've ever put into school but i could have done better - my time management skills/laziness prevented me from doing some of the homework problems and as a result i did poorly on some big tests (64-67%,72% on midterms that were worth 20% of the final mark) - should have done better on assignments example of poor time management...i'm awake, finals are close, but here i am typing away on a forum instead of studying...(perhaps it is a good idea though?) bottom line, i need 80-90% on all of my finals in order to get the marks that i want overall in the courses, (i want an absolute minimum of 80, but i would really like my minimum to be 85), i didn't completely screw up though, in physics I if i get 100% on my final, i get a 95% overall, (100 isn't so far-fetched, i did get 103+1/3% on midterm #2, and 94% on midterm #1) anyways...it's totally possible to score high 80's on the final regardless of how studious i have been throughout the semester, right?
12/3/05 4:24 PM
jgibson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Dec-05
Take a look at your tests, and study at least an hour in each area you fucked up on. And by studying, I mean do problem sets. Only do this if they are cummulative final. If it is not cummulative, spend the rest of your waking hours between now and next week doing problem sets for the final. Also, write out your cheat sheet before doing the problem sets. This will be a good way to review.
12/3/05 4:48 PM
ChrisPayne
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Dec-05
These are my thoughs on final exams:

FUCK FINAL EXAMS!
12/7/05 7:56 PM
ChrisPayne
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Dec-05
2 down one to go
1/4/06 1:52 AM
pustak
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Jan-06
don't pull all-nighters. a few hours of sleep before an exam does you much more good than those same hours spent cramming.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.