UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> Most Prestigious Can. University?

12/3/05 2:50 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
pats0
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Dec-05

Is there a consensus on what is the most prestigious univerty in Canada? I will be going to university next year and haven't picked my major, so I was advised to pick the most prestigious university. Thanks.
12/5/05 1:21 AM
Whambo
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Dec-05 02:16 AM
Well, you should check the Macleans rankings. It's hard to say because certain Universities are known for being good for certain majors. 3 prestigous ones I know of are Queens, U of T, and McGill.
12/5/05 1:48 AM
Power Paw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05-Dec-05
it depends on your field of study
12/5/05 5:40 PM
pats0
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Dec-05 07:46 PM
I'm either going into business or science. Right now my eyes are on Queens.
12/6/05 6:04 PM
luchador1

Edited: 06-Dec-05
Mcgill I am told. Although U of Sask has a pretty good engineering program.
12/9/05 4:37 AM
Revolver of Reason

Edited: 09-Dec-05
they may not be as good as the U.S. absolute top colleges, but some of the Canadian schools are damn good and definitely on a very high level. my understanding is that Waterloo is the shit for math, science, and engineering.
12/9/05 5:10 AM
Revolver of Reason

Edited: 09-Dec-05
and I say this as a person who loves to give Canadians a hard time about everything.
12/9/05 3:12 PM
Power Paw

Edited: 09-Dec-05 03:15 PM
" "Prestigious" and "Canadian University" do not go together. That is an oxymoron." "The European Union ranks U of T as the 23rd best university in the world, placing it amongst the top 5% world-wide.[9] In 2005, international rankings such as the Times Higher Education Supplement and the Institute of Higher Education of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University ranked U of T 29th and 24th, respectively in the world.[10] For twelve years in a row, U of T has been ranked the top medical-doctoral research university in Canada by Maclean's Magazine." "One of the world's top research institutions, the University of Toronto publishes more research than any other university in North America besides Harvard.[3][4] The University of Toronto is widely acknowledged as one of Canada's finest universities for undergraduate and graduate education." "Throughout its history, the University of Toronto has been a well respected institution, traditionally rivalling McGill University in Montreal or Queens University in Kingston; the three schools are considered by some to be the most prestigious in Canada. " "U of T has 75 PhD programs, and 14 professional faculties. It attracts some of the world's most renowned scholars and was ranked by The Scientist as the best place to work in academia outside the United States. Research InfoSource also ranks U of T as the top research university in Canada [8]. Over the last two decades, its faculty members have received almost a quarter of all national awards although they represent just over seven per cent of Canada's university professors." "The university's library system, based at the fourteen floor Robarts Library, is the largest in Canada and among the best in the world. The 15 million holdings in U of T's rank it fourth among North American university libraries after Harvard, Yale, and UC Berkeley. [11]" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Toronto "The Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto is Canada's largest engineering school and is widely recognized as one of the best in North America." http://www.prospective.engineering.utoronto.ca/scripts/index_.asp i guess that makes you just a plain moron
12/10/05 7:58 PM
Power Paw

Edited: 10-Dec-05
" Toronto = shite You = fag " i was not prepared for such a clever argument i might come back in a couple of days...after i have had enough time to formulate a counter-argument don't hold your breath, it might take a really long time... because that was such a good point you made... ... ... LOL!
12/12/05 10:31 AM
Slash
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Dec-05
"Toronto = shite You = fag" your response rivals that of ralph wiggum's
12/17/05 4:16 PM
Tyson86
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Dec-05
His witty response definitely proved you wrong Power Paw. Not sure how you'll ever manage to counter that.
12/19/05 6:58 PM
ironmongoose

Edited: 19-Dec-05
Waterloo "won" the MacLeans this year, which was a huge surprise. U of Toronto usually wins, but IMO they're overrated. It's just that they're big. There are a lot of good ones: McGill, Queens, Concordia, UVic, U of Alberta is actually quite good in some areas...
12/19/05 8:15 PM
ironmongoose

Edited: 19-Dec-05
Wow. Eloquence speaks for itself. Where did you study, MMA Warrior?
12/20/05 2:17 AM
ironmongoose

Edited: 20-Dec-05
I knew a guy who talked just like that. You've GOT to be a Cornell man, no doubt in my mind.
1/15/06 7:19 PM
PhilHellmuth

Edited: 15-Jan-06
depends what you want to study the following are the best for business: schulich business school at york university Richard Ivey school of business at University of western ontario And queens business school are the best in canada Waterloo is the best for math, science, engineering

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.