UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> SPEAR System in Ohio

12/6/05 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Torres
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Dec-05 01:01 PM

I just returned home from teaching a Basic SPEAR System Tactical Applications for Operarors Course in Columbus, Ohio. Participants included members of the Columbus Narcotics Entry Team, Ohio Highway Patrol, Columbus Defensive Tactics Unit, and local SWAT Teams. The training focused on the SPEAR System's unique scientific approach to effectively transitioning from CQB to CQC and tactical applications of the SPEAR System during room enrtries and tandem tactics. Utilizing High Gear gave the class an opportunity to run the System's tactics through the "acid test" of real time / real speed BMF's evolutions that made all the basic drills come toghether at the end of Thurday's and Friday's sessions. The SPEAR System's conversions of the body's natural responses to the ambush attack into tactical close quarters arsenal enabled the entire class to rapidly engage the threats while maintaining control of the situation. This group of officers has taken their already awesome tactical competence to greater heights by adopting the SPEAR System into their toolbox. My personal thanks to Tony Blauer for arranging the course and helping these officers be safer on the job. My deep appreciation also goes out to PDR Coach Joe Skovira for all his help during the week. Train hard, be safe. Tony Torres
12/12/05 8:12 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeSk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Dec-05
Tony, Thanks for a great course. The depths of the SPEAR System never cease to amaze me. What though is even more amazing is the System's ability to transfer so quickly over to the student. As you said in your post " This group of officers has taken their already awesome tactical competence to greater heights by adopting the SPEAR System into their toolbox." Joe Skovira

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.