UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Trapping in the S.P.E.A.R. SYSTEM ?

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
masterthai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Mr Blauer, Do you have trapping in your system? (wc type) Do you think it is a good thing to do in a street fight?
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Hmmm. Wing Chun type: I would say no, but we do trap in the biomechanic sense [a restraint of any type is part of the trapping arsenal]. THere are WC type moments [spontaneous] but we dont rely on them or integrate them as part ofour skill set any longer [about 10 years ago we did]. Is it good for the street? Go to the ARCHIVES and read the HOCKEY BEATHING DEATH threads, that's my philosphy and methodology. Also check out info on the SPEAR SYSTEM and THE MESSAGE FROM ANOTHER PLANET. These all share indights into how we train for street defense now. OUr system continully evolves. Thanks, Tony
sponge

Dear Tony I have to say just what I know of the SPEAR system, it is wonderful. It is a definate part of my arsenal. Although I want to experience more of it, what you have shown me has opened my eyes. Here is what I say to my students: When I begin martial arts years ago, when one of my friends surprised me, I flinched. Five years into my training, I flinched when someone came up behind me suddenly. Ten years guess what, I flinched when surprised into protecting myself. Twenty years into my treaining, I flinched when faced with the threat of violence. Now, over thirty-five years of training, I will still flinch. Get where I am going!!! TONY, YOU ARE RIGHT ON!!! Thank you for letting me know that I must trust my body, mind and spirit to do the right thing in the face of a violent attack. No longer do I operate in voiding this response. It has worked wonders!!! Keep up the good work. Hope to see ya soon. Steve ( -:,
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks STEVE. Great analogy. Keep up the good work. Tony
masterthai

Thank you, I live in holland and in my town are wt/wc schools popping out of the ground everywhere. I went one lesson and the instructor said that trapping is very important on the street and it is a great tool to beat street thugs.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.