UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Knife vs. Unarmed @ Dog Brothers

1/3/06 9:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
RoninGear
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jan-06
Cool stuff...
6/12/06 8:28 PM
Crafty Dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12-Jun-06
Woof All: Good thread! Our "Dog Brothers Summer Gathering of the Pack" is coming up on Sunday June 25. All the necessary data at www.dogbrothers.com Staying on target with the themes of this thread: We will be continuing our adventures in the knife fights trying to bring the draw into the mix-- as well as the option of intercepting the draw. Thus should someone seek to intercept the draw, EH vs. knife could readily present itself. And, it being a DB Gathering people are welcome to try EH vs. knife explicitly. A new experiment this time we will be encouraging knife vs. stick. I picture this taking two basic approaches as far as gear/weapons go. 1) A regularly geared stick fighter vs a regularly geared knife fighter. I'm thinking the knifeman should get a decent sized aluminum trainer so that he too can impose substantial pain. 2) A regularly geared knifeman with a Shocknife. Although the use here is other than intended for a Shocknife (e.g. getting hit full tilt by a sturdy rattan stick) Jeff Quail has been kind enough to provide one. Concerning the stickman, naturally his stick can be of the usual sort, but I'm thinking though that the metal fencing mask presents unknown issues concerning the conduction of electricity. Besides what would be the fun of getting whacked with a stick if your slash of his throat did not collect on the price in pain that you paid? :-) A similar question presents with the hand gear protecting too much from the shock. So I'm thinking that if there is a stickman bold enough to accept the challenge, that the stickman could go with some sort of thin glove (e.g. the baseball batting gloves that some of the guys are wearing) and raquetball goggles to protect his eyes from the sparks combined with an agreement of no uncontrolled thrusting to the face , , , or something like that. Of course I am open to suggestions, particulary from the fighters themselves. The Adventure continues, Crafty Dog DBIMA (this as a reminder that in this context- just like my teaching- I operate as a corporation for reasons of legal liability issues)
6/13/06 7:21 AM
rayfloro

Edited: 13-Jun-06
NOW THAT WOULD BE A GOOD ONE TO WATCH!!!!! GREAT IDEA CRAFTY!!!!
6/13/06 3:09 PM
4 Ranges

Edited: 13-Jun-06
Sounds exciting!
6/29/06 2:56 PM
DarrylDragon

Edited: 29-Jun-06
ttt for debriefing What happened? L
6/29/06 6:36 PM
Crafty Dog

Woof All: I've logged the footage from one of the two cameras we have and want to log the footage from the other camera before I write up the After Action Report. At the moment (today and tomorrow) we are finishing "Die Less Often: Intro to the Interface of Gun, Knife, and Empty Hand" and so the most likely is that it will not be until next week. For the moment I'll simply report that we had the most fighters ever (39) including three from Canada, two from Italy, two from Switzerland, two from England and one from Australia. As planned we did some stick vs. knife. The electric Shocknife was put to good use. There was one 2x2 stick&knife vs. stick&knife fight. More next week , , , Crafty Dog
6/29/06 6:47 PM
DarrylDragon

thanks, crafty! I just watched the trailer for "die less often", and it looks like a must-have!! Thanks again, L

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.