UnderGround Forums

Maryland Underground >> bellcamp - bjj/mma ?

12/15/05 10:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theJJKid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Dec-05

I am considering moving to Bellcamp from Australia due to work reasons. Are there any good bjj / mma schools in that particular town? I am mostly interested in the grappling at this point. Cheers, James.
12/16/05 12:15 AM
theJJKid

Edited: 16-Dec-05
Sounds like it is quite a small town. Perhaps I would be better off driving to Baltimore. Does anyone have any thing they could add?
12/18/05 10:14 PM
ValeTudo020
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Dec-05
If its the Belcamp near Aberdeen as I expect then you have several choices: 1. Sekai - They compete but it isnt BJJ 2. GroundControl - In Baltimore, they are a Renzo Gracie affilate and they have some really top notch guys like John Rallo. I used to train here. Roughly 30 minutes. www.planetmayhem.net 3. Crazy 88 - I currently train here with Julius Park. About 45 minutes away and this would be the first place I would recommend if you can make the drive. Lloyd Irvin affaliate. www.crazy88.com I live in Harford County in the Bel Air/Edgeowood area also and I make the long drive to Crazy 88 three times a week.
12/19/05 3:34 PM
Last Don
61 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Dec-05
There is actually a group of us that live in that area that carpool down to 88BJJ for every class (3-5 of us depending on the time of year). As ValeTudo said, my recommendation would be to either GroundControl or 88BJJ. John is a great guy and has some quality people down in his club (GroundControl). Julius is incredibly technical, and he is running an excellent program. If you want anymore information on either place, check out the websites, or you can contact either ValeTudo020 or I. We've been to most of the clubs in the Baltimore area, so we can give you the low-down. PS- The ride is not "long."
1/4/06 2:41 PM
MDSUB

Edited: 04-Jan-06
Definately check out Julius's school. He is one of the most technical people around.
1/13/06 1:37 AM
theJJKid

Edited: 13-Jan-06
Thanks for all your responses. I ended up turning down the offer to relocate (the Gold Coast is a very nice place) but now they are talking about sending me over for a few months at a time so I will still be interested in checking out some of those schools. Thanks again all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.