UnderGround Forums

Massachusetts Underground >> brazilian martial arts center?

12/19/05 1:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
vanhamburger
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Dec-05

Does anyone know about this place? It's in somerville close to where I live. I'm getting into mma and trying to find a good school, but can't find any good or bad info on the place. any info would help.
12/23/05 9:12 AM
Southie

Edited: 23-Dec-05
I dont know anything about that place, but I can recommend Sityodtong Muay Thai. Mark Dellagrotte is an excellent teacher and Mat Santos teaches Jiujitsu. The web site says that Kenny Florian is a coach, so he might teach as well. I havent been there in years so I dont know for sure. http://www.sityodtong.com
12/23/05 1:36 PM
vanhamburger

Edited: 23-Dec-05
thanks southie. I was checking out sityodtong, and everything I've read says only the most positive things about it. I also found out a little about BMAC. the head instructor Marcelo Siquiera trains at the chute boxe acedemy in brazil (with Wanderlei Silva!), and they have classes teaching mma specifically, not just muay thai or jiu jitsu, but only the most effective parts of both. I'll still check out sityodtong based on the reputation. thanks again.
1/2/06 4:27 PM
BillyE

Edited: 02-Jan-06
hey van i train out of bmac.MMA is mon, wed, fri at 8pm also some saturday mornings. Muy Thai on tue, thu, sat. We also offer bjj with team kimura, tue, thu at 6pm. The classes have around 8 12 people in them sometimes more. The school also has brand new mats and heavy bag. Ive been training there for 2 years, we got a few mma fighters and alot of grapplers.Since its close to where you live you should stop in a do a free lesson, im sure you wont be dissapointed.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.