UnderGround Forums

PhilosophyGround >> Adios PhilosophyGround!

12/23/05 11:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hakujin
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Dec-05

I hate to sound like Grady and his numerous lugubrious "Goodbye OG" threads, but this is goodbye... As someone who originally started off with a submissionfighting.com account, I've been posting on Kirik's boards for the past 6-7 years. In the past few years, however, I've seen a real decline in the "health" of this board and I stopped posting regularly--resulting to checking in and lurking every odd month or so. Seeing that little has changed in 2+ years of lurking, I'm abandoning this place completely. Simply, the fag bashing, overt and latent racism, puerile behaviour, and general bullshit of the OG/UG has grown beyond tiresome. There's other places to go to get a MMA fix without a side of stormfront.org politics. By this point, there's probably only a couple of old timers who know me, but I'd like to say good bye not only to old friends/enemies (FudoMyoo, Cabal1, bombshelter, and the much despised Dogbert) but also to some of the newer members (dnswr, vermonter, sanguine cynic, etc.) who I never really got a chance to engage with. Anyways, props to all those folks here on the PhilosophyGround who raise the OG above the typical junior high school pissing contests. Ciao!
12/24/05 8:17 AM
FudoMyoo

Edited: 24-Dec-05
I understand your choice, but too bad that you are leaving. It was always interesting to hear your perspective on things. I hope you´ll visit atleast this place "every odd month or so". Take care
12/24/05 2:46 PM
dnwsr

i'm actually an "original" member (been here since submissionfighting days as well). however, my interest in philosophy has grown exponentially over the last few years. i do remember reading your posts and we could use more like you around here now. with the popularity increase, we get more and more "fans" who don't know whats going on. there is something cool about seeing some "originals" post because you know those people have been in it from the beginning and understand the progression of the sport. i'd like to post more here, but grad school eats up most of my time. take care
12/24/05 9:39 PM
Dogbert

Come as you are, as you were,
As I want you to be
As a friend, as a friend, as a old enemy.
Take your time, hurry up
The choice is yours, don't be late.
Take a rest, as a friend, as a old memory
Take care, bro!
1/3/06 7:20 PM
vermonter
81 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Jan-06
Is there a reason you can't just visit this board all by itself? I have the S&C forum as a bookmark, so as to avoid getting sucked into too much nonesense when i am in a hurry.... Its a shame to lose good philosophers who also share other interests, such as mma :) Anyway, good luck in whatever you do! -doug-

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.