UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> High Kicks

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Count Dante
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Tony I read somewhere that you advocated high kicks in the street as an effective offensive tool. (Do you have a video on this?) How would high kicks for the street differ from high kicks in a kickboxing match. Thanks
JoeStagner
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

USMuayThai.com
Man, The stuff you get when you play Tony's tapes backwards !! Joe
Yeah

I sure he heard Tony say something like that because Tony on one of his tapes( I will find out which one) says that other Martial artist dont believe that Tony uses high kicks. He might have change his mind after he starred playing with the spear stuff.
jsteinmann

:) - There is some footage on some of the old panic attacks where Coach does high kick people in the head. On the other hand, I've never heard him advocate it. If anything, quite the opposite. In the end, I think Coach advocates doing whatever works. If you can high kick the guy without getting yourself killed...hey, go for it. Of course, most people can't... Food for thought. Jake
Count Dante

And if somebody doesn't like Tony, they could start a better rumor than "He Does High Kicks."
Count Dante

Maybe "advocated" is too strong of a word. Maybe "it's okay sometimes" would be a better phrase
taroson

Count, I am sure Tony did not advocate using high kicks for the street. In the PDR manual on page 16 there is a chapter on "TCMS Destructive Streetfight Kicking". He states there specifically if you use kicks to "attack the low line." If you can, get your hands on the PDR manual. It's loaded with 'battle tested' tactics, scientific drills along with Street Psychology and TCMS Philosophy. It truly is like a modern "Book of Five Rings". Hope this helps. Mike
Count Dante

I wish I could remember exactly where I read that original post. It was definitely on the forum a while back. Maybe my minds foggy
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
It doesnt matter really, tactically, I have never advocated high kicks. If you 'own' them and can do them and the opening presents itself and its tactically safe & sound then it'll make no difference. But the coincidences that must be present to allow this are pretty great for a close quarter confrontation. Rule of thumb: pelvic girddle and lower for the street. :-) TB

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.