UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Recommended reading?

1/9/06 9:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
theMachine23
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09-Jan-06

I am reading Gavin DeBecker's "The Gift of Fear". I can't put it down. It's one of the best books I've ever read. Do you have any other "recommended reading"? I've heard good things about Grossman's books (there's another thread on them) -- as well as "On Aggression" and "Men in Groups" (recommended by Crafty Dog). Thanks! -Sean
1/10/06 7:39 PM
dennis5
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 10-Jan-06
ttt
1/10/06 9:23 PM
GrandpaB

Edited: 10-Jan-06
"The Logic of Steel" and "The Fighting Edge" by James LaFond, "On Combat" by Grossman. "Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" by Renzo and Royler Gracie. " "Championship Streetfightng, Boxing as a Martial Art" and "Kill as Catch Can, Wrestling Skills for Streetfighting" by Ned Beaumont. And, of course, "Strictly Street Stuff" by me, Bill Bryant Sr. Grandpab
1/11/06 7:15 PM
ironmongoose

Edited: 11-Jan-06
For self-defence, Strong On Defense is a must. And of course The Fighter's Notebook.
2/3/06 6:40 AM
Steven Lefebvre

Edited: 03-Feb-06
Hey Sean, Here are a few books to start with:(since this is a weapons forum I am just listing a few from my library) Filipino/Indonesian Arts Arnis, Reflections on the history and Development of FMA.(Wiley) Complete Sinawali (Galang) Modern Arnis (Presas) Weapons and Fighting arts of Indonesia (Draeger) Filipino Martial Culture (Wiley) Secrets of Giron Escrima (Somera) Filipino Martial Arts (Wiley) Masters of Kali, Escrima, Arnis (Sulite) Filipino Martial Arts (Inosanto) Balisong (Batangas) Swish of the Kris (Hurley) Jungle Patrol (Hurley) Pananandat Yantok a Daga (Marinas) Balisong Manual (Imada) Dan Inosanto (Kelly) Serak the Tsunami (V. deThouars) Kerambit (Tarani) The Secrets of Kalis Ilustrisimo (Diego/Ricketts) Secrets of Cabales Escrima (Wiley) Western Swordsmanship/Martial Arts Legacies of the Sword (Friday) Renaissance Swordsmanship (Clements) Medieval Swordsmanship (Clements) Swords and Hilt weapons (Barnes &Noble) All about Fencing (Anderson) Cold Steel (Alfred Hutton) Old Sword Play (Alfred Hutton) Hungarian Highland Broadsword (T. Rowlandnon) His True Art of Defense (Giacomo diGrassi) By the Sword (Cohen) The Art and Science of Fencing (Evangelista) Medieval Sword and Shield (Wagner/Hand) Secrets of German Medieval Swordsmanship (Cobbler) Masters of Defense The Works of George Silver (Wagner) Secret History of the Sword (Amberger) Blade fighting and Throwing Knife fighting, Knife throwing for Combat (Echanis) Basic stick fighting (Echanis) Knife Defense for Combat (Echanis) Knives, Knife fighting and related Hassles (Macyoung) Art of knife throwing (Madden) Knife and Tomahawk throwing Bowie, life of James Bowie I have several articles in my website's member's section listing some of my library, I'll try and dig those out as well. Gumagalang Guro Steve L. www.Bujinkandojo.net

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.