UnderGround Forums

Team Quest Fight Club >> Question about greco roman in mma

1/16/06 4:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NCar
150 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Jan-06

Ok, you guys (team quest and other forum members) know how to use Greco Roman in a mma type setting. I am a freestyle wrestler, but as a part of our program (just as the programs of many other freestyle wrestlers) we learned a fair share of greco roman wrestling. I have watched many (and I mean many) of Randy's fights, two or three of Matt Lindlands and two of Dan Henderson's. What I have noticed is that you utilize your greco roman wrestling as means of gaining a great postition from the clinch, but it looks alot easier than actual greco competition. My questions are: What are the main differences from competing in greco roman wrestling tournaments, and mma matches? Is greco's clinch work a better focus than dirty boxing and muay thai? What are some good conditioning exercises for greco's upper body strength?
1/23/06 9:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jacob Lamb
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jan-06
Might wanna post this in the Wrestling Forum also...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.