UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Paintball

1/21/06 10:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jan-06
The CSPT

I had really dissmissed the whole idea of paintball over the years. I'm a certified Simunition Supervisor and Sims are outstanding. I'm now hooked on scenario paintball.
1/21/06 12:04 PM
ukcblaze
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Jan-06
Paintball is great, Airsoft is a bit more realistic IMHO
1/22/06 11:26 PM
Jeff_H
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Jan-06
Hey Demi, Your post caught my attention because I'm going to play paintball next weekend even though I haven't done so in over 10 years. While we're of course just going to play the standard capture the flag, etc, I'm curious about the the scenario paintball you're referring to. Can you expand on some of the scenarios you're training with it?
1/23/06 9:10 AM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Jan-06
The CSPT
Scenario paintball is a "type" of paintball. It generally means: #1 Guys in camo. #2 Scenario looking guns (replicas of mp5s, m16s etc.). Folding stocks, slings, scopes... Not everyone uses these but it's common. #3 Structured teams/positions/tactics. There is a commander, a light rifle, a sniper, a broadswordsman etc. Not everyone plays this way but you can always play "your position" and use good tactics even with strangers. #4 Scenario Feild. There are towers, bunkers, burms etc. You can play capture the flag, elimination etc. You can do the same thing with woodsball. I'm very fortune that I live out in the country and we have the "only" painball feild in central Ca about a 2 miles from my house. Me and a friend are looking to play some fields in Bellflower and Corona Ca sometime soon too. You can learn alot about the fields, tactics, positions etc through some killer animations at: http://specialopspaintball.com/ Demi
1/27/06 12:07 AM
ukcblaze

Edited: 27-Jan-06
http://www.planetairsoft.net/ Airsoft guns are made as exact replicas of real firearms, including weight. They also fire more like real firearms. You wont see a large paintball comming at you. I have always loved paintball and have played for years. A group of marines I play paintball with turned me on to airsoft. You guys should check it out.
1/27/06 9:05 AM
Demitrius Barbito

The CSPT
I played and trained with airsoft for years. I'm actually going to sell all my airsoft stuff on ebay soon. Demi
1/27/06 6:17 PM
ukcblaze

Do you prefer paintball for scenario training? Any drawbacks to airsoft compared to paintball? I have very little experience with airsoft and before I invest in a pricey gun, I wanna know more about it.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.