UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> Bully Breed Fan!

1/25/06 2:43 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DevonMichael
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-06

Hello my fellow members.  I dont' post on the Herp Ground much, but I am a huge fan of animals. I have helped a few guys on the forum with questions about Bully Breeds.  I have worked at the Humane Society in Cedar Rapids Iowa for a few months and absolutely love it.  I have attended coursed on almost every breed known to man.  I handle, train, and love tons of dogs that come through.  My favorite are the bully breeds.

Though they get pegged with a lot of negative press, their downsides are highly outweighed by their benefits.  95% of all pitbulls tested in the nation go up for adoption.  Of all the other dogs tested 87% of all other breeds go up for adoption? coincidence?  I think not.  They Love humans to death, literally!  Most will do anything to make their owners happy, some will only do it if there is something in it for them....lol.  They have a strong personality and act more human than dog.

Here is a picture of my American Pitbull Terrier, Dixie.  She is 10 months old, I adopted her at 7 months b/c she was going to get put down b/c of her high activity and Jumping on ppl.  I have since trained her not to jump, and it turns out she just needed a running partner, ME!

This is another pic of her on Christmas, Her first Christmas in a real home.  She was found covered in mud as a stray.  Our dog catcher didnt' even have to do anything on the call, she came right up and jumped in the truck!  LOL.  I was working the day we got her and I fell in love!  She has an extremely sweet personality and can't cuddle and RUN enough with me.

This is her at my parents house, NOT all bully breeds hate other dogs, if well socalized they can live, Supervised, with other pets.  Don't ever trust a Bully not to fight! She loves to play with my Father's Brittany, though she is 10 yrs old and 15 lbs lighter, she gives Dix a run for her money.

I am a huge supporter and activist of the bully  breed in Iowa and would love to help anybody who has questions about bully's or adopting.  Nearly 600,000 dogs die in shelters around the U.S. yearly.  Try to adopt if you can!

My e-mail is wanderleisilva_5@hotmail.com  Mail me if you have any questions.

Devon C.
1/25/06 3:39 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 25-Jan-06 03:39 AM
Awesome dog. I had archived a massive thread on the OG with links and a ton of articles, quotes and stats supporting the bully breeds that was sadly wiped in the big forum archive wipe last year. Big fan myself, my Staffy-bull
1/25/06 9:34 AM
DevonMichael

Edited: 25-Jan-06
LOL little fucking tanks. Cute guy! I love their ear to ear smiles.
1/27/06 1:42 AM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Jan-06
Yeah me too :)
1/28/06 5:54 AM
RGJuJitsu
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jan-06
I am going to volunteer at a shelter starting today. I chose them because they don't discriminate against any breeds. It is also a way for me to get a dog fix without having one because the wife is pregnant.
1/28/06 5:11 PM
DevonMichael

Edited: 28-Jan-06
LOL it's a great way to get a dog fix if your walking, lot's of times they will just have you clean up poop. LOL but kudos to you for being a good guy and voulinteering! The world needs more ppl like you.
2/5/06 4:49 PM
DevonMichael

Edited: 05-Feb-06
Bully breeds are not recommended as part of a healty diet! LOL, nice pic!
3/12/06 10:44 PM
Trust
583 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Dec-06 08:29 PM
staff-bulls are awesome. http://deaconfrost1832.free.fr/blog/index.php?2006/06/16/facethepain.mp3
4/3/06 1:02 AM
meow mix
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03-Apr-06
has anyone heard of an alapha blue blood bulldog? they're really awesome looking and supposedly make really good pets.
4/8/06 12:15 PM
Jay-dog

Edited: 08-Apr-06
I have red-boy,Jocko,honeybunch chinaman bloodline ADBA pit female myself.Bully breeds are the most misunderstood of all dog breeds.If anyone is looking to adopt I also know of someone who can help.Female fighter Mystee Blackwood also runs a pitbull rescue.Hit her up on myspace or on her site.Mysteemma.com she has a pitbull section on her forum.
5/8/06 8:58 PM
Elvis
194 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-May-06

I have beautiful Red girl named Daisy.  She is the sweetest thing!

Elvis

10/2/06 11:27 PM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 02-Oct-06
The funny thing is that i have yet to see or hear of one single person who has not fallen in love with them after spending any quality time with a resposibly owned one. That and no single professional organization that deals with canines supports any sort of breed ban. I think in the end there are enough people passionate about the bully breeds that they'll be fine. There'll be another dog that will be villified
10/4/06 10:23 PM
cakegirl
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Oct-06
I've got a great staffy X, Bob. He's nearly EIGHTEEN years old!!! http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b157/hebec/Bob2.jpg Spankenstyne, you KNOW how gorgeous I think your dog is. Devon, yours is just gorgeous!
10/5/06 2:53 AM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 05-Oct-06 02:56 AM
Hah thanks and NP
10/5/06 2:57 AM
Spankenstyne

Edited: 05-Oct-06

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.