UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Advice for 1rst class back?

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Makikomi
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Tony, it has been quite awhile since I have trained in a formal class setting. I am starting at a new school on Wednesday and am feeling a bit of anxiety. I am not worried about being tapped out a bunch (because that is how you learn) and I have enough experience to hold my own. For some reason I always have a very difficult time getting into a class setting. I am more nervous about starting into a contract then not wanting to go shortly after. Can you give me any advice as to how to get my mind into a proper state to learn and get used to going to class on a regular basis. Thanks in advance. Can you recomend any of your tapes that may help my dilema. Sean
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Sean, Let's start with the tape recomendations: I have over 30 vidoes, I would recomend you get all of them now. Ok, next topic. Class. ANswer these questions after some introsepction: 1. Why do you want to train? 2. Why did you select this school? 3. Why did you drop out of the last class? 4. How much of your 'fear' dictates your choices? 5. Can your training address and then adjust more of your emotional/psychological goals rather than physical? POnder all that. Training without clarity is why many drop out. Best of luck. Tony BTW: Re tapes, you can spend around $2000 for all the tapes or $39 for all my audios. Get my audios. Get the mental edge. :-)
Makikomi

Thanks Tony. I feel that maybe part of by problem is that I don't set goals in my training. I am not that interested in compitition because of my work schedule and am not the kind of person who gets into many fights. I train mostly because it is fun. Some people train for rank but that is not really important to me either. Maybe I should force myself into some kind of comp just to motivate me to train more often. I appreciate your insight. Thanks, Sean

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.