UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Damgaard-Gatti.......Gatti-Ward?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/28/06 4:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Oddessa
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Jan-06
JoeyOddessa.com

Solid fight coming up 2nite.  I opened this bout lower and they immediately bet it up. Sharp money has now caused Gatti 2 drop to about -310.  I think this Damgaard has  a good shot to pull off an upset 2nite , even in AC. Damgaard had a couple quality wins in his past and I dont know if he knows how to step backwards.  he doesnt know what losing tastes like as  a pro. He's a solid 147 pound guy.  If Gatti overlooks him, there could be a spoiler in Atlantic City tonight.
1/28/06 7:24 PM
Oddessa
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com

actually, pretty sharp guy from Denmark just said this.......... I'll have to pass on making any play on Damgaard.

As for the fight, i really don't give damgaard much of a chance. it's been 5 years since he fought anyone decent, and meanwhile he's been looking bad. It all went downhill when his dad died, and he is probably 5-6 years from his best.

Gatti isn't new either ofcourse, but he is used to boxing against the elite - And even after the monumental whooping Floyd layed on him, i think he'll be fighting at a much faster pace than Damgaard is ready for. It's a shame really, cos Damgaard used to be pretty rugged and fun to watch, but these days he seems fragile, and i think Gatti stops him sooner or later.

1/28/06 9:04 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

Gatti is my favorite fighter. I am often conflicted when I need to route against him, but Arturo doesnt pay my bills. lol

1/28/06 11:15 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com
Very good and intersting fight so far into mid way pt of Round 5.
1/28/06 11:52 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com
Entertaing fight. You gotta love Gatti. Damgaard came to win. he wasnt no stiff.
1/29/06 5:22 PM
Oddessa

Edited: 29-Jan-06
JoeyOddessa.com

Gatti speaks after victory!

January 29, 2006

By Kurt Wolfheimer at ringside
Photos: Ed Mulholland

Arturo Gatti spoke to the press shortly after his stirring eleventh round knockout of previously unbraten Thomas Damgaard. "I want to thank God for the will and strength," said 'The Human Highlight Film.' "I want to thank the fans for believing in me and for standing behind me in cheering me on after coming off of a loss. I really appreciate Atlantic City."

Gatti on his Team: I really love this team. Buddy McGirt is the best teacher a mother could have. God bless Pat Lynch is the greatest manager and Main Events is the greatest promoter. You believe in me and that is why I fight the way I do. I will be back here in July for two more world titles.

Gatti on fighting at 147 pounds: This is my first fight as a 147 pounder and I have a lot of work and will look better against Baldomir. I was very comfortable, but I have to get a little stronger, because I was getting a little tired against a 147 pounder who was pressuring me. My legs where there but my upper body was a little tired.

Gatti on the possible fight with Baldomir: I don't take anything away from the man (Baldomir). Timing is everything. He wants to make money and I want all of his titles, so we should make the fight. I think it will be in Atlantic City.

Gatti on what he would do differently if he fought Baldomir as compared to what Zab Judah did: I don't want to say anything bad about Judah. I respect him as a friend. I am just going to work harder than he did and win the fight.

Gatti on Damgaard: He was a very difficult fighter and A very strong southpaw. I was coming back from a loss so I could've chosen an easier fighter. It was a little confusing but I used my boxing skills, like Buddy was telling me to use, but I mixed it up a couple of times and he got the best of me, but with my boxing skills, I was able to neutralize him and win the fight and stop him.

Gatti on hurting his hand: I think I hurt my hand in the fourth or fifth round. A very bad thing to have to deal with. An opponent in front of me and an obstacle in my right hand was difficult. I think I am going to get it fixed this week or next week by Doctor Malone and I won't have the problem anymore.

Damgaard said, "I saw after five rounds that he was a little tired but he came back and gave me a hell of a fight." Regarding the stoppage, he commented "He hit me. I was a little shaky. Maybe I could have gone a lot more. I just don't know."

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.