UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> I am now fully certified...

1/30/06 3:44 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 30-Jan-06

Hello from Sweden, Today is my last day in Helsingborg, Sweden. I will be headed to Poznan, Poland this afternoon. These past nine days have gone by so quickly. I had a great time here in Sweden with seminar host Mike Wall, his friends and his students. Thank you Mike for all your hospitality! I also had a fun time teaching the students here. I see great things in store for this group of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu students. A couple of interesting things happened while I was here: 1. On the first day of the BJJ seminar, a black belt from Brazil showed up unannounced. He was new to the area, hadn't trained in awhile and wanted to participate in our seminar. His name was Bruno Carvalho. We all welcomed him and asked him to teach a few of his family's techniques. Then, he rolled with a few of the seminar participants. It was a treat to have him here. 2. Yesterday, I accepted an invitation to join my fellow Swedes in a skinny dipping adventure. We jumped into the Baltic Sea, several times, in almost sub-zero weather, and submerged our bodies into its fridged waters. Then, we ran back upstairs and jumped into the cozy, hot sauna. After completing this adventure, I became fully certified as "Nordic." Well, I am headed out the door, on my way to the airport in Copenhagen, Denmark. I will write more from Poland. Roy "Nordic" Harris
1/31/06 6:21 AM
jonpall
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jan-06
Roy, you should come to Iceland one day ;) The BJJ scene there is growing pretty fast! Fancy doing a seminar there sometime?
1/31/06 11:53 AM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 31-Jan-06
jonpall, If there will be a seminar host, then there is a possibility. Roy
2/1/06 6:43 AM
jonpall

Edited: 01-Feb-06
Roy, there will be - most likely me and/or my co-instructor, Bjarni. We are thinking about getting several well known instructors over this year, but we aren't sure if it's a good idea to get more than 3 or 4. You are definitely high on my list so if we see the opportunity, I will contact you and see how your schedule looks like, etc. Cheers, jonpall.
2/2/06 6:02 AM
Roy Harris

Edited: 02-Feb-06
jonpall, Can we work on 2007? My 2006 schedule is already full. Roy Harris
2/2/06 11:41 AM
jonpall

Roy, that sounds pretty good to me. I'll contact you when/if my club can make this can happen. Cheers, jonpall.
2/2/06 3:06 PM
Roy Harris

jonpall, My seminar schedules for the following year have been filling up by late summer. And this year, I expect things to be full by May (because I have added Kuwait, Indonesia and Brazil to my schedule). Please keep this in mind. Sincerely, Roy Harris

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.