UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Attn: Luis - So Flo

2/16/06 4:06 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
membrane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-Feb-06

Hello Luis, both of your So Flo instructionals are really great. They bring something different to instructionals and have helped my game a lot. Thanks and please do more like these! Anyway, I have a few questions I would appreciate your input on. I notice that you clasp your hands differently in SoFlo 1 and 2 when you are in the "crush sides" position. In the SoFlo1 you have the palm up on arm underhooking the guy on the bottom. In SoFlo2 you keep the palm down on the underhooking arm (and switch when you go to the pry bar). Is there a reason for this (and what is it)? What is optimal in your opinion? Another question is when you go the harness on the far side arm on your opponent from side control (by punching your own arm and driving with your legs). I have recently played with grabbing the lapel of the opponent with the punching arm when I wrestle with the gi. Do you guys at So Flo grab something particular when going for the harness this way? Why or why not?
2/17/06 11:22 AM
Luis Gutierrez
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Feb-06
Membrane, Thanks much. I intend to continue the series as longh as its fun and it has been just that. :) 1.) I will switch grips to minimize tension and maximize effeciency, to transition, and sometimes just because I ended up somewhere late and initially just took what I could get. I typically (personally) would go palm down on the underhook from cross sides...ideally. Both work and are more a matter of preference than anything else from that specific position, 2.) Yes, taking advantage and becoming aware of the grips with any cloth is essential for that game. Also, anytime you have a hand on a collar, a choke is usually possible somehere right then or just as you transition. Hope this helps, -Luis
2/17/06 11:27 AM
KarmaJitsu

Edited: 17-Feb-06

ttt for Luis and ODMA/SBG!!

Love it here on the west coast but definately miss Luis' awesome instruction

Dave Anderson

2/19/06 10:53 PM
membrane

Edited: 19-Feb-06
Thanks for your help, Luis!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.