UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> arm triangle choke

2/21/06 10:18 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TrevorRice
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Feb-06 10:56 AM

Roy, I spend alot of energy trying to finish this submission from side control. I positionally dominate my oppenants but when I go for this finish ( which I really like watching preformed correctly) i hardly ever finish and when I do it is more of a neck crank then choke. I appreciate your advice.
2/22/06 11:44 PM
Roy Harris
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 22-Feb-06
TrevorRice, Most students end up performing a neck crank instead of a choke because the try to pull their forearms to their chest. While this is a great submission, it is kinda hard on your training partner's neck. To apply this submission correctly, you must first get your arms into the correct position. Second, you must position yourself alongside their body. Third, you must turn their body onto its side. And fourth, you must focus on squeezing your elbows together (which is the most important movement of all if you are going to try and put them to sleep). Give this a try and let me know how it goes! Good training to you, Roy Harris
2/23/06 3:43 PM
TrevorRice
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Feb-06
thank you mr. harris. I will be applying the choke tomorrow when I am rolling.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.