UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Is there a half-spear?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

2/26/06 4:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Alex
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 26-Feb-06

I was watching the British show "Conquest" on History Channel International where they visit a SWAT training facility. One of the SWAT instructors demonstrated what he called a "half-spear" to clear people out of the way when you need to get by quickly. I don't recall this from Tony's videos - is this an adaptation of the standard one, or does Tony specifically teach the half-spear?
2/26/06 6:07 PM
Paul R

Edited: 26-Feb-06
Alex: Yes there is a half-spear - it is a spear where you use one arm rather than two. An example would be when you are wrapping the knife-bearing limb of an attacker with one arm while using a half spear against the attacker's neck with your other arm - of course you are still using the outside 90 open hand principles! (I am sure Tony or a PDR coach could explain it better). I believe Tony demonstrates using a half-spear to "clear" on his multiple assailants video (one half-spear against each opponent). Paul Rossi
2/27/06 10:24 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 27-Feb-06
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Alex, the instructor was Jeff Martone, and he is SPEAR SYSTEM certified and as Paul pointed out the 1/2 SPEAR is when you choose to use one arm or the other. In the case of SWAT tactics, it is a deliberate transition to remove & protect the officers weapon and simultaneously allow him to maintain forward moveent into the subject. We do show it on videos, perhaps you have an older one. Thanks for writing in, TOny

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.