UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> More thanks to Tony

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FJJ828
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02
NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.

I instruct DT for my agency in South Florida and try to inject Tony Blauer's information into my classes whenever I can. It has always been well received. This last week was no different. Starting a new cycle of inservice, our cadre was scratching their heads over what our lesson plan should be for our monthly inservice training. Whatever it was, we would be doing it for the next 20 months until all of our officers had cycled through. Noone could agree on anything. Finally, we nailed it down to a few basic techniques and some scenarios and planned to just go through the motions. Well, I brought some of Tony's principles in and gave a very basic presentation on the NVP stance and the CQC stance as it related to our job. CRACK!! HOME RUN!! It got people's attention and gave them a unique perspective on the behavioral side of DT. I hope to share a little bit here and there from month to month and generate more interest in TMCS training. Training in person with Tony enormously influenced the way I now look at training and teaching DT. My questions from other instructors have gone from: "Will you shut up already about this Blauer stuff?" To: "Hey, uhhh...Do you think we could get some more of this stuff? When is he coming back to Florida? etc." Thanks again Tony.
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Hey Fletch, appreciate the kudos. It does take time for people to see the value in the info. We live in such a morally corrupt era that people's knee-jerk reaciton to another idea is that it is 'slamming' their way. Very few people can see that my research is just adding tools to their tool box. Glad you're finally receiving some respect for being a progressive trainer. See you soon and tell them about the SPEAR course in March. BTW: Did you get my info on course sponsorship for your agency?
FJJ828

NAPLES BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU L.L.C.
Yes I did and thank you Tony for your quick response. I gave the info to our training officer and hope to get something going next year. I want to try and bring another few instructors to your SPEAR class in March so they can see for themselves what I have been talking about. It's hard to get anything going when I'm the only one who has seen your material up close and I am a newer instructor. Would that be good idea (SPEAR Instructor) for someones first real exposure to TMCS? Or do you think they should start off with another course like OSS first? I found that I retained a lot more the second time we trained. I suppose we can prep for the class by working with the two tapes I got from you in January, Rage Attacks and Cement Friendly Fundametals for Groundfighting. Thanks, Fletch
Tony Blauer

We do have 2 LEO ONLY tapes on the SPEAR. The DT COMBATIVES tape adn a brand new one called CLOSE ENOUNTER FIGHTING FOR COPS. I would strongly urge you to get them for the dept. [or yourself] they both over clear demos and applications and will definately enhance the trainers experience at the seminar. Tony
Extreme Justice

Whoa!!!! Do tell more of these tapes!! Sean
Tony Blauer

DT & COMBATIVES TRAINER DEVELOPMENT SERIES The first volume of this new INSTRUCTOR DEVELOPMENT SERIES. The 'Trainer' series is a brand new format. Each volume contains three concise 30-minute presentations packed with info & demos. This new format is designed for DT & combative instructors to assist in presentations, for review or to get you psyched before teaching a class! FUNDAMENTAL PSYCHOLOGY & TACTICS (Vol. 1-3) 1. S.P.E.A.R. SYSTEM INTRO 2. BALLISTIC MICRO-FIGHT* & HIGH GEAR equipment 3. COMBAT CALISTHENICS ------ The second tape was filmed live in Houston at HPD and is a more detailed explation of the SPEAR and it's companents and applications specfically for LEO's. Both are available to LEO only through the office. email: blauerhelp@videotron.ca T

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.