UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> How to say focused?

3/7/02 8:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
magoo520
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

Mr. Blauer Training in the martial arts has been a real humbling experience for me just like any other sport you'll always find someone thats better than you. My problem is that I feel like Im just stuck in this of rut? I feel like Im not improving my skills etc...I feel like everyone is going to pass me by? My question is how do I regain confidence? Is the martial arts really more mental than physical? Have you personally ever went through this kind of bump in your training? Thanks u for your time.
Extreme Justice

magoo520, I'm not Coach Blauer but perhaps i can offer some assistance in this area. Firstly and foremost, don't compare your abilities with that of others. You'll become fixated on the abilities of one that you perceive to be better and if you are unable to achieve the same accomplishments, have a tendancy to beat yourself up mentally over it. If you can afford it purchase the BYOB pkg. If not, seriously consider the Cerebral Self Defense and Performance Enhancement Psychology audios as well as the PDR Manual. Through these items you will be introduced to the "10 commandments of streetfighting" and "TCMS's overkill philosophy" as well as several other tools to help you through this. Through these tools it is important to understand GAR, Goal, Action and Result. You must set realistic goals for yourself based on your strengthes and weakness', not others! When i say realistic, i mean that they must be obtainable, if there're not, the opportunity for success will not be there. Secondly, incorporate the overkill mindset into your training and act! The results will come if you continue to do this. Keep in mind that you will very rarely, if ever, be able to train at your true potential because of injuries, attitude, and other contributing factors that day. It is essential that you identify your capacity and train in that area. If you continue to do so, your capacity will eventually approach that of your potential with progression. Don't get frustrated, everyone goes through this at one time or another. It is important that you get back on track mentally, emotionally and lastly physically, before you give up on yourself. I hope that this helped out somewhat... Sean
magoo520

Hey extreme justice thanks for taking the time! Your comments make real sense!! Can u give me more information of those audio tapes u were speaking about? Are these Tony's These on the bottom: If you can afford it purchase the BYOB pkg. If not, seriously consider the Cerebral Self Defense and Performance Enhancement Psychology audios as well as the PDR Manual. Through these items you will be introduced to the "10 commandments of streetfighting" and "TCMS's overkill philosophy" as well as several other tools to help you through this. Thanks! Please email me if possible? bjjftr39@yahoo.com
Extreme Justice

I'll email you right away and yes, all the tapes are by Coach Blauer. Talk to you soon. Sean
Extreme Justice

magoo520, For some reason i was unable to send my message to you out. Email me at seanm@tbaytel.net. Sean
magoo520

Hey Sean aka Extreme I just e-mailed u! Hope to hear from u soon.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.