UnderGround Forums

Roy Harris >> The Black Belt Rank???

3/18/06 12:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
robjvoss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-Mar-06

Mr Harris, I was wondering how you give out your black belts. What I mean by that is, are Matt Stansell and Jeff Clark black belts or are they first degree black belts. The reason I ask is because I was surfing the net and came across a website that describes a bjj black belt as a black belt with a white bar, then a pain red bar, then a red bar with no degrees and then award degrees. Here is the website http://www.gracie.com/riofed/beltranking.html I was just wondering.
3/20/06 6:43 PM
Randy Bloom
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-06
Randy Bloom / ACG
The black belt comes in either soild black (fighter)or with the red bar(instrctor),the white at the end of both sides of that red bar means nothing,your first degree will be a stripe above the bottom of the red bar next the white stripe,the white stripe thats in the middle of the end white stripes will indicate what degree an instrutor is,look at Mr Harris belt,3rd degree,mine has 2,2nd degree.I hope this helps a little. Randy
3/20/06 7:05 PM
robjvoss
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Mar-06
Yea, I wasnt sure. I have heard other things like when you get your black belt you are a first degree. Just wondering. Thanks for the info Mr Bloom. Rob V

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.