UnderGround Forums

Miletich Fighting System >> Matt V Royce Training and Strategy

3/19/06 3:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JohnThompson
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 19-Mar-06

I'm curious to know how Matt's preparation will vary going into this fight given that Royce's standup is comparitively weak but inevitably, considering the way the two of them fight, it will end up on the ground. I'd imagine Royce will be looking over tapes looking for opportunities - where Matt may be open to a submission - What will Matt be doing to as counter prep to this. I have played this over time and time again in my mind and I can see the fight going the same way as Royce Vs Dan Servern - Matt will dominate with GnP for much of the fight with Royce on his back waiting for opportunity - long the fight goes on - the more opportunites Royce will have. So, will Matt be practicing getting set up in a submission, to in return set Royce up - with a slam escape followed by more GnP OR will Matt try to stand up - where clearly Matt and Royce are WORLDS apart. Has Royce asked for special rules for this fight? Best of Luck Matt (Not that you should need it) John T PS - Free Juice Drink to all MFS at my Juice Bar Scarborough, UK.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.