UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> The 3 Big AZ collages

3/21/06 12:28 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
iDontBelieve
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-06

I already took the SAT, and scored high on it, and I got about a 3.3 gpa. I want to study buisness. Ive narrowed down my search to the three big in-state collages in Arizona (ASU, UofA, and NAU). my parents want me to make my decision real soon, so I can go after scholarships, and have plenty of time to figure out were to live...most likely a dorm though, but thats what I want to do. Im kinda leaning towards ASU, becuase thats a huge party school, but I want to go somewere were I can make alot of money when I graduate, or after grad school. and Im really having a hard time deciding. So if anyone has any first hand experinces with these collages, it would really help if you could give some advice because Im undecided on were I should go.
3/21/06 12:41 AM
iDontBelieve

I spelt the title wrong, should be college. I cant even spell college. im retarded.
3/21/06 2:00 AM
FiatLux

You're in luck! I was just at UA about a month ago. I took what amounted to a 4 hour tour for prospective students. To be blunt, there wasn?t anything that caught my interest at all about the university. The buildings were strange with tons of wasted space and plenty of stairs... The main library was small for such a large school. Accordingly, the number of computers seemed fine for a Friday morning in mid-February, but at any other time I bet it?s impossible to use them. There?s decent wireless coverage however. But printing and related tasks seemed very complicated and not worth dealing with each time you needed to print something. I was told that most freshmen will have one or more common core classes with around 600 students per class. On campus hosing seemed decent, with most undergrad rooms having 2 students per room and a bathroom down the hall. The room I was in seemed a bit small. Most of the dorms are new though which is nice. Campus housing is categorized by size for the most part. The larger the maximum capacity for the building the louder it gets. The campus is quite large and you could easily spend 30 minutes or more walking from class to class, and even more time walking from campus housing to class ect. The one really bright spot about UA was the food; with plenty of options and different places spread out around campus (including a grocery store at the student union and many fast-food type places). You could actually eat healthy there and avoid cafeteria food (if that?s a concern). I can go in to more detail if you would like... A bit of a general note: making money has very little to do with where you go to school and what you study. Most of the things that will make you successful have already happened, for better or worse. The thing to keep in mind is that Rhodes Scholars are not created by the colleges or universities they attend. Most of the qualities they need were given by their parents and the people around them. The three schools you listed are basically the antithesis of where I did my undergrad and where I?m about to start my Master?s degree. Second, being that ASU is a party school, its going to be just that to just about everyone across the globe. So when you said, "Hey I have a business degree from ASU" no one is going to be overly impressed. You can party hard or make money, very few people are going to be able to do both worth a damn, be warned. As far as UNA goes, the only people from there I've come across have been geologists. That seems to be a good solid program from my experience. The thing about UNA you should consider though is the cost. A $30,000 a year education is really only worth it if that money goes for something worth the price. If UNA has a top ten business program then I would say that makes sense. Otherwise, unless there is a specific reason to go there, you can save your money, spend it better, or find better options at other schools.
4/24/06 3:54 AM
FightFan424

Edited: 24-Apr-06
ttt
5/13/06 4:57 AM
FiatLux

Edited: 13-May-06
update
5/23/06 2:25 AM
iDontBelieve

Edited: 23-May-06
As of now, im looking to go to ASU, I think it just fits for me, and my sister is transfering there. I ended up not being is such a rush that I thought I was in, my parents told me not to worry about it, and decide were I want to go at the begining of senior year. I still like the other collages though, everyone ive talked to has great things to say about UofA, even though tuscan is the butt-hole of az, and I would want to go to NAU, cause I love being outdoors, fishing, and hunting. To be honest, I would love to go any one of these schools, and im gratefull that I get to pick between these three. Its a good problem to have.
5/23/06 5:56 AM
FiatLux

Edited: 23-May-06
The national reputation that ASU has would be enough to scare me off honestly. ASU seems like a pedantic school. You'll probably have a great 4 years at ASU, no doubitng that. But after that, you'll find it exceedingly difficult to compete with people from superior schools with better reputations.
9/17/06 8:25 PM
Ray Elbe
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Sep-06
I went to Grand Canyon University...in central Phoenix it's a private college with a great reputation.
11/1/06 3:32 PM
Ray Elbe
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01-Nov-06 03:37 PM

- Embroidery- Get your shirts customized with embroidery.  Alter your shorts to show sponsors providing them with recognition for support.

This company guarantees to beat any price.  They will not be undersold.  They have the latest technology in the promotional production field and are able to create over ½ a million stickers a day, providing you with the best price available.  If you have your own designs they can produced the finished product.  They also have design guys available for those needing to bring a concept into reality.  This company will ship anywhere in the U.S. and usually has a 72 hour return on orders.

When ordering product it’s always important that they will be reliable and dependable.  House of Stickers has a proven track record and an impressive list of clients.  This is by far the easiest company I've ever worked with.  They have templetes that you can use, or design guys if you want to create.

To find out more about pricing, design, promotional strategies, etc….email me I’ll give you a referral.  If you have the artwork you can attach that for a price listing on any product.

Magicalray@houseofstickers.com

http://thehouseofstickers.com/ 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.