UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Para Ord LDA?

3/21/06 12:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
yasonf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 21-Mar-06

Has anyone tried the LDA from Para Ord?  How is the trigger?  I love Paras, but I have never tried the LDA. I heard it was the best double action trigger out there.  I love the fact that it is a double action on a 1911 frame.

On a second note, does anyone know where I can rent one to try around the SoCal area.  Preferably around Glendale, CA? I'm willing to drive 1 hour to try it out.

Thanks.

3/23/06 1:34 AM
Skpotamus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Mar-06
I have owned two LDA's, a 14-45 and a 7-45, and I have to say the triggers are very nice, but do take some getting used to. They break somewhere around 3 lbs, but are long, with travel that feels longer than my glock triggers, the reset is pretty much full length as well, which can mess with you if you do a lot of shooting from reset. I highly recommend the para LDA's. Once you get used to them, they run great.
3/23/06 9:19 PM
shovelhook
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 23-Mar-06
"I love the fact that it is a double action on a 1911 frame." For me, nothing special about the 1911 without that awesome SA trigger. Anyone try those new trigger systems from Sig, HK, and Walther? I don't know much about them other than something to do with all those guns are approved for airline pilots. What are they like? Any advantage over a standard glock or other good striker fired pistol trigger pull? I never fired a Sig but I hear the SA on them is incredible, and well worth the long DA first(I always liked and wanted a Sig, but on the other hand they do have a higher bore axis than I'm used to on my old Glock or 1911, seems like it would produce a lot more muzzle flip...sorry to get off track). How can you describe these systems; DAO with lighter and shorter travel?
5/6/06 12:51 AM
Skpotamus
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-May-06
SH, I just recently got to play with one of hte new H&K's with their DAO trigger. I wasn't that impressed. They seemed like a poor copy of the Para Ord LDA trigger. It was definitely better than their standard triggers, but still not as a good as a 1911 trigger, and not as good as the glock trigger, IMHO. I highly recommend you go find a para LDA and try the trigger on it, everyone that I have shown a LDA to ahs liked the trigger, from experienced shooters to total newbs. There it literally almost no resistance to the trigger until it breaks, just travel. Still haven't gotten ahold of a Sig DAK yet though. I'm kinda interested, but had a bad experience with a sig and probably won't buy another one. The standard Sig SA trigger feels a lot like my buddy's glock with a NY1 trigger when you're shooting from reset. A little bit more travel in the sig's trigger though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.