UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> BMF Success!

3/27/06 12:35 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Tony Torres
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Mar-06

We just returned from our three day Ballistic Micro-Fight (BMF) instructor development session and all I can say is WOW! The course gave everyone the tools needed to design a BMF. From the psychological and behavioral nuances needed to replicate the street attack to the physical / physiological drills neeeded to conduct a safe and realistic BMF training session. Attendees also learned all the skills necessary to be a good role player, and how to improve their students ability to respond appropriately to a street attack by following Blauer Tactical Systems' "Be A Good Bad Guy" model. Participants included Law Enforcement and Security professionals, Martial Arts School Owners, and PDR Coaches. Everyone in the course showed impressive skill and clarity during the final exercise. The participants performed BMF's alternating roles as Good Guys and Bad Guys, everyones intensity was awesome. Thanks very much to Tom and Dana Arcuri for hosting the course in their academy. Congratulations to all on their hard work during the weekend. Your dedication paid off. All your students will be safer because of your dedication and commitment to training. I look forward to seeing you all again soon, maybe at the PDR Session in May or the Combat Camp in August! Stay Safe, Tony Torres Blauer Tactical Systems Inc.
3/29/06 10:22 AM
ZG

Edited: 29-Mar-06 10:24 AM
I would like to express my sincere gratitude to Tony Blauer for an amazing and exceptional BMF (Ballistic Micro-Fight) Instructor course held recently in March '06. I believe you and your team are truly pioneering the way forward in 'Reality –Based Scenario Replication Training'. I was astounded by the amount of fine and detailed research and design that went into the course's theory and practical drills. It is wonderful and certainly much needed for people who want to prepare and develop realistic emotional, psychological and physical tools needed for real-life street survival encounters, while at the same time respecting the all important need for safety in training! Wouldn't it be a little strange to potentially cause injury to oneself when supposedly practicing a system of Personal Defence that was originally supposed to keep you safe from harm!! And yet the amount of realism in terms of adrenaline and sensory overload created in the drills were huge! Although Tont Blauer quite rightly describe the BMF System as being pure science, personally I also think that there is a lot of art involved too! The amount of creativity and three-dimensional out-of-the-box thinking that must of gone into the research is very striking. As you say, regardless of how much training we may do, depending on any given day, we may either be the bug or the windshield", but this is certainly the most realistic and yet safe training design and formula in street-scenario replication training I have come across. I recommend this course to anyone who has a need to stress innoculate, pressure-test, explore and develop realistic personal defence skills and scenarios. Thank you. I also want to express my thanks to the man Tony Torres and also Tom & Dana and the rest of the team as they were fantastic. I learnt a lot from these guys and I respect their degree of skill, experience and humbleness greatly. Looking forward to more... ZG PDR Coach
3/30/06 11:40 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 30-Mar-06
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks Zeb, glad you made it, travleing from Europe as you do it a sign of your porfessionalism and integrity. Tony
4/1/06 8:48 PM
kungfoolu

Edited: 01-Apr-06
I would like to echo what Tony Torres and ZG have already stated, I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the March 06 BMF and was once again blown away by Coach Blauer's research, "substance matter" and advanced training methods. Also, as someone who had only worked with the High Gear suits on a limited basis before this training session all I can say is WOW. The functionality of the impact "reduction" suits and the ability to truly move, react and respond (standing and on the ground) in the suit was amazing. While the suits are an excellent piece of KIT, the true benefit of the weekend was the training concepts and the building block approach utilized by Coach Blauer to truly get the most out of the drills and the students/coaches in attendance. The years of research Coach Blauer has put into the dynamics (the emotional, psychological and physical) of the street confrontation was evident and all the people in attendance, whether fighter, martial arts instructor, law enforcement, military or protection were able to apply the concepts to their unique needs. This is a testament to the SPEAR System and the BMF Training Methodology. During the weekend we were all able to immerse ourselves in the training experience, train realistically with intensity, impact and get the most out of it safely. The ability to train in such an "alive" setting with cutting edge training methodology and equipment was truly inspiring and will be a catalyst in my continued training with the PDR Team. I would implore anyone who frequents this forum, whether PDR/SPEAR team member, LEO/Military, martial arts instructor or MMA competitor to do everything you can to make it to Tony's Combative Camp in Vegas as it will be an excellent training opportunity! A big thanks to Coach Blauer, Tony Torres, (our hosts TOM and Dana of course ;)) and the rest of the PDR team for a fantastic weekend of training :). KF
4/1/06 10:27 PM
JT Goodman

Edited: 02-Apr-06 08:20 AM
Ok, so I've been to A LOT of classes offered by Blauer Tactical Sytems over the past 4 years. I've been very fortunate to get to train with some world class people and people from all walks of life. I'm not sure what it was about this trip that motivated/affected/inspired me so much. Maybe it was the hosts of the event (Tom and Dana Acuri) providing an incredible school to train in, with all the "eats" and nurishment we needed. Maybe it was the incredible focus of ALL of the guys and gals there. Wearing High Gear for long periods of time and "throwing arms" can cause copius amounts of sweat (this is the first time I completely sweat soaked my tennis shoes in 41+ years), and NOBODY slowed down. Then thinking about it, maybe it was the combination of Tony Blauer and Tony Torres giving some incredible insight into the BMF Formulae. I used to sit in the classes taking MANY notes on the material. On the RARE occasion that Coach Blauer would go off on his tangents, I would try to copy down every word he was saying. Now I sit back and listen, trying to soak up the substance of what he is passing on to us. The classes all follow a well laid lesson plan, which are easy to go back and re-create, especially when you take the amount of notes you are supposed to. But, it's the tangents (to me) that give us a glimpse inside the mind of a "Combative 'Mad' Scientist/Genius!" It's easy to skim a book, look at the pictures and get the "gist" of a story. To have the writer of the story there to give the insight, the substance; it's invaluable. My hat goes off to Coach, Tony T., Marc, Tom and Dana. Just when I think a course can't be topped, along comes one like this and blows them all away. Salute, and hope to see you all again in Vegas. JT Goodman, NC
4/2/06 4:14 PM
DannyE

Edited: 02-Apr-06
Wish I could have been there. I'm ready for Vegas!
4/2/06 8:42 PM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 02-Apr-06
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
Thanks JT and others...it was a a great session. But as I always say in our instructor clinics... There's no teaching without students. YOu guys made this course exceptional with your energy, effort, and commitment. Tony
4/3/06 1:56 PM
Jonathan Berman

Edited: 03-Apr-06
Still in the midst of synthesizing, "owning", and internalizing my copious notes. Everything thus far written provides much insight into the course, but I would like to share some of my take-aways as well. As with all things BTCMS, it was a heady mix of the practical and the philosophical. Wasn't sure what to expect of this one, but truly, and again, I was astounded at the depth of the "Lego-ness" of the SPEAR System. I must say that prior to attending the course, I saw the sense of having High Gear as a part of one's training regimen, but I see now that that concept in my mind was divorced from the rest of the system, especially inasmuch as High Gear is a great idea for any variety of training populations. I was overlooking the fact that each aspect of the SPEAR System sprang from the same place, based in experience and experimentation, and iterated in a profoundly integrated and mutually supporting/improving way. That everything has come from observation of the whys and hows of the way humans think, feel, and move in confrontational situations, and has been developed to address the inherent difficulties. Synergism - never to me has a corporate buzz word seemed so apt. I think I have finally accepted an earlier realization that no matter what I believe I understand of this system or combative movement in general, every single time I train with Tony he will guide me to making myself better, if I don't fight it. For example, the dissection, analysis, and applicability study of minutiae that is one of the keys to mastery of anything. This, I knew. That word, "minutiae", came up often, and to see and experience the nuanced handling of it in a physical, psychological, and emotional way really provided a deeper visceral grasp of the mind/body connection in which how one thinks can affect how one moves, in which speed of thought activates speed of movement, not to mention biomechanical keys to ballisticism (to coin a word) in movement. A seminar with Tony and staff is always a journey, and it was a pleasure and privilege to explore with such dedicated, skillful, and humorous fellow travelers. It was great to meet and learn from Tony Torres, Marc Joseph as always provided excellent support, and I can't thank Tom and Dana Arcuri enough for creating a smooth-running set-up, making it that much more comfortable to negotiate the knowledge dump from Coach Blauer. Thanks again to all. Jonathan Berman
4/4/06 10:56 AM
Scott Boyce

Edited: 04-Apr-06 10:57 AM
This BMF certification was incredible! I have never been this proud to be associated with anyone or anything. BTS goes above and beyond with everything they do. The level of integrity is bar none. This is all thanks to Tony?s commitment, insight and formulas that apply to reality based training. The experience of wearing High Gear and stress inoculating myself to each scenario is beyond words. I have to thank all the attending coaches as well. Their level of knowledge and commitment to this system helps us all to reach a higher level of awareness. This was an experience of introspection, that I could not have afforded to miss. I am thankful for Tony Blauer and all who are associated with BTS for a weekend I will not forget. And for the everlasting impact it will have on me as a human being. Tony Torres said it well "WOW" Thanks again team. Scott Boyce

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.