UnderGround Forums

Utah Underground >> Machado Jiu-Jitsu in SLC

3/27/06 1:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DJColdfusion
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 27-Mar-06 02:05 PM

Wow! It's been a long time coming! Rigan Machado Jiu-Jitsu SLC is BACK! Jeff Kunze, a Rigan Machado black belt, is opening public classes in cooperation with the Ultimate Combat Training Center (UCTC). Classes start Tuesday April 4th and they will be held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7-8:30 pm. Classes are NOT for fighters only. Anyone interested in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu needs to come on down and train with us. You'll find a laid back attitude, some great people, and some awesome Jiu-Jitsu. And while we're excited with the prospect of working with some of the horses (read: fighters) at the UCTC we want to make sure that everyone understands that this is a class open to EVERYONE. Enrollment costs are the UCTC standard of $69 a month and include unlimited use of the UCTC facilities and participation in any of the regularly scheduled MMA related classes (AJ's dance classes are managed separately). Jeff will also be available for private lessons for anyone who is interested. And we're EXTREMELY excited that 7th degree black belt Rigan Machado has agreed to come to SLC and teach a seminar for us on April the 22nd to help us kick off the program at the UCTC. The preliminary format for the seminar will include two sessions, one gi and one no-gi, at a cost of $50 total. I don't have a time yet and the other preliminary information may change. The seminar will be held at the Ultimate Combat Training Center and it will be open to EVERYONE interested in training with Rigan Machado. No gym restrictions, no political BS! If you want to train with Rigan Machado then come on down and train! I'll try to put together a "package" for anyone bringing a group of people but I can't guarantee anything (as far as a package goes) right now. CONTACT ME (geraldharris1@hotmail.com) ASAP if you're interested in the classes or in the seminar, or call the school and talk to Phil Henderson at: 801-967-5295. In case you don't know who Rigan Machado is, here's a brief bio: Rigan Machado, of the World Famous Machado Brothers, is a seventh degree black belt and is considered a near legend for his Jiu-Jitsu and all around Grappling expertise. Before leaving Brazil in 1988, Rigan was an 8 time Rio De Janeiro State Heavyweight and Open Class Jiu-Jitsu Champion, and an 8 time Brazilian National Heavyweight and Open Class JiuJitsu Champion. Since then, he has become a Pan American and 4X World Champion in Jiu-Jitsu, as well as a 3 time U.S. National Champion. Rigan Machado was unbeaten in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in more than 15 years of competition. He also placed second in the 1994 Sambo World Championships without ever actually practicing the art of Sambo.
3/30/06 3:42 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 30-Mar-06
Quick update: Phil Henderson just told me that he's giving anyone who attends the seminar a $10 discount to the sub-grappling tourney the following weekend. The last sub-grappling tourney Phil hosted featured Mike Whitehead (yes, that Mike Whitehead) taking the Absolute Advanced over 220lb division. AND we might be able to swing some discount tickets to the UCE finals that night (the 22nd)! contact me at geraldharris1@hotmail.com
4/1/06 7:52 PM
Tulkas

Edited: 01-Apr-06
where is the sub tournament?
4/3/06 10:00 AM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 03-Apr-06
It will be at the UCTC: 4101 West 4715 South Kearns, UT. 84118
4/3/06 6:38 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 03-Apr-06
ONE DAY TO GO UNTIL THE START OF CLASSES AT THE UCTC! (sorry about the shouting) Seminar Update: Rigan is reportedly bringing 2nd degree blackbelt and PanAmerican champion Ricardo "Ica" Medina! Ica has one of the slickest guard games in existence and I can't wait for the chance to train with him again! (I know I'm using too many exclamation marks! But DAM man I'm just that excited!)
4/4/06 4:06 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 04-Apr-06
Classes start TONIGHT!
4/6/06 1:48 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 06-Apr-06
Rigan's seminar is starting to fill up. Contact me at geraldharris1@hotmail.com or call Phil at the UCTC at 801-967-5295 for more information and to reserve your spot!
4/11/06 5:08 PM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 11-Apr-06
Sheesh! Did I forget to post the times???? Looks like it . . . 10:30 am-12:30pm
4/14/06 5:08 PM
Mullet @ Heart
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-Apr-06 05:08 PM
So each session is an hour? Are they actual sessons, as in you can go to one or the other, or is it more of a 2 hour seminar where the time will be split between gi and no-gi?
4/18/06 11:27 AM
DJColdfusion

Edited: 18-Apr-06
ITs one price. And yes, its a two hour seminar that will split the time between gi and no-gi. See you there!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.