UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> Check it out MMA brethren....

4/4/06 3:03 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Keoni
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 04-Apr-06

As some of your know I had my own little slice of heaven as I made a nice training area for me and eventually with a little help from others it really took off and I eventually have a fullblown basement training set up. It was killer and all I really ever wanted. Because of a oppurtunity I couldnt pass up I had to sell the house to a friend of mine who wanted to continue training with the team Hybrid Faction we had created. I thought I would be able to continue training, but an hour drive proved a formidable opponent with a family. I with my wife and parents bought a property in rural Iowa 30 minutes from anywhere. Only redeeming factor is that we got a 5200 sq ft home a big catholic church (which will be my house in a few years) and a parish hall which was originally designed for dances etc etc. There are small towns spattered around and I am hoping to drum up some interest. But to make a long story short not being able to train anymore was driving me fucking insane....like LITERALLY nutty. I had no idea how much I would miss training or training with my team but it sucked bad. So eventually I got up off my ass and me and my brother Erik who graciously offered to help me went to work. Now whenever I feel the need to train I go right next door. I live about twenty feet from my new training area as its a building we own on the same property as our house. Let me know what you guys think And as you can see, room to expand if need be.. Worked really hard on this, finally got to train in it the last couple days and I love having my own space. Let me know what you guys think!
4/4/06 3:37 PM
warfrog

i think that is the shiznit. where do you live at keoni?
4/4/06 7:52 PM
Keoni

Thanks Warfrog, live in Lamont Iowa. Just a lambshake away from fucking NOWHERE.
4/5/06 10:22 PM
Halz

Edited: 05-Apr-06

Keoni, I literally had to laugh out loud as I see this beautiful place that is worthy of a training school that one pays for and you have many people to work out with that often. 

All That being said best wishes.  What are your work hours?  I am out in Winthrop evey other week and I could drop by sometime during the day  and roll.  Hell I would even come out in the morning sometime. Evenings are out though as I have to teach and family obligations.  LEt me know. you still have my email.

Greg

4/7/06 1:55 AM
Keoni

Edited: 07-Apr-06
All That being said best wishes. What are your work hours? I am out in Winthrop evey other week and I could drop by sometime during the day and roll. Hell I would even come out in the morning sometime. Evenings are out though as I have to teach and family obligations. LEt me know. you still have my email." That would be killer, I actually dont have your email. Shoot me it at keonikoch@iowatelecom.net. I currently am still working in CR so I dont get home until about six oclock and I leave early but if you could drop by about six oclock I would be down to roll for sure, either that or any time on weekends would work. But I am going to have a schedule change in a couple weeks. I also would like to get back to your place everyone once in a while and I plan too, everyone there was very welcoming and friendly. Good atmosphere.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.