UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Educate me on Korambit use.

4/6/06 8:16 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
coach
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Apr-06

I bought a Cold Steel Karambit knife. I can imagine how it can be used and with handling it enough, I might figure something out... But if y'all can give me a straight forward technique or any resources, it would allow me to enter a new realm of MMA. Thank you in advance.
4/7/06 11:26 AM
sta94

Edited: 07-Apr-06
There was a book and/or a video on kerambit use by Steve Tarani a few years ago.
4/8/06 2:54 PM
Willybone
406 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-Apr-06
The Sayoc Kali guys have karambit video out, too.
4/8/06 5:39 PM
psychoslasher

Did you buy the "plastic" Karambit from Cold Steel cause I didn't think that Cold Steel made a regular one? I would recommend Sayoc's Karambit DVD. It's very good and one of the best I've seen on the market. The Emerson ones aren't bad either but Sayoc is the best.
4/8/06 8:21 PM
Calbert

I also recommend the Sayoc Karambit DVD. I'm not a big karambit person, but the info on the DVD is good.
4/8/06 11:36 PM
coach

Thanks for the Steve Tarani and Sayoc tips. "Did you buy the "plastic" Karambit from Cold Steel cause I didn't think that Cold Steel made a regular one?" Yes, it is the composite plastic one. I also have have a steel one I bought recently on ebay. It's a cheap one, but it will cut thru "meat" very easy.
4/13/06 8:01 PM
psychoslasher

Edited: 13-Apr-06
On a side note, I got the new Cold Steel catalog today and they have come out with a new karambit. It looks nice, razor sharp and isn't that expensive either.
4/14/06 6:09 PM
psychoslasher

Edited: 14-Apr-06
Cold Steel is the best knife company on the market! Lynn states in the new catalog that the reason they are making a karambit is because they are popular. They also make sure to list that the karambit has limited uses. There is no other knife company in the world that makes as good a quality knife as Cold Steel at such a reasonable price. No other company has the balls to put out a video to show how tough their blades are. I've been using Cold Steel for years and still believe they are the best in the business for the money. I've tried all the knife companies but always go back to Cold Steel.
4/14/06 6:27 PM
coach

Edited: 14-Apr-06
Wow... two totally different comments on Cold Steel! I have their long tanto as well. It's much thicker than any of my other blades I have. Like good ol' Buck knives, Cold Steel does not short you on steel. I beleive their quality is as good as any in their price range(s), and all their models have great functional blade designs for tactical and utility use. I appreciate the input!
4/16/06 11:08 AM
psychoslasher

Edited: 16-Apr-06
Bet the damage of their "plastic bat" would be equal to any karambit on the market if not more lethal.
4/17/06 10:36 PM
psychoslasher

Edited: 17-Apr-06
Yes, a bat does have more surface area than a rattan stick or police baton. Here's the part that's gonna shock you............the fucking bat his heavier than a rattan stick so surface area doesn't really matter! That's like saying that if someone hits you with a big screwdriver, it'll hurt worse than someone hitting you with a sledgehammer cause it's more focused. Using that logic is like saying that a car can't hit you as hard as a baseball bat cause it's got more surface area. LOL at your idiotic post! Man, I love knives and have be practicing blade work for around 6 years so you're not preaching anything to me that I haven't already heard. Knives are much more dangerous that people give them credit for but so are baseball bats. A one inch slash can = death Strike to the head with baseball bat = death When I was pro wrestling, I use to take shots to the head until a fucking shinai was busted to pieces and no it wasn't "rigged" to do that. I would be busted open but still very much "in the fight" however if I were to be hit with a baseball bat in the same manner..........I wouldn't be having this childish argument right now.
4/18/06 4:07 PM
psychoslasher

Edited: 18-Apr-06
Whoever hit them with the aluminum bat hits like a pussy. That argument can be used for a knife as well. I've known many people to be cut, even in vital areas, who bled a lot, received stitches and were fine afterwards. Which has more mass? Cold Steel Brooklyn Smasher = 2 lbs. 7 ounces ASP Baton 16 inch = .94 lbs ASP Baton 21 inch = 1.2 lbs ASP Baton 26 inch = 1.46 lbs I got those weights and measurement from: http://www.tacticaledge.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=886 You tell me which has more mass?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.