UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Nassau, Bahamas???

4/13/06 1:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason Bender
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Apr-06

Well, I am tying the knot in two weeks on the beach. The only advice I have heard is, 'Buy as mich stuff Duty-Free as possible, sh*t is expensive' and stay away from the local beer. Any other tips? Do I need to be on my toes (crime) or can I let my spidey senses rest? How are the locals? Thanks and wish me luck!
4/13/06 11:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
VegasBlack
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-Apr-06
Bahamas is mostly middle class. Restaurants are quite expensive, even for fast food, and crappy. The beaches on Paradise Island are wonderful. I don't think crime against tourists is tolerated because that is how the island makes its money. I think you are limited in the amount of duty free you can bring back. However, liquor is much less expensive; especially the good stuff (Remy XO, JW Blue Label, etc). At what hotel/resort are staying? I found Bahamaas a little boring if you are into night life. The only other thing that stands out in mind is that it seems to be local custom for the men to ogle your woman. In the staes that might be grounds for confrontation, but over there seems to be the norm.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.