UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Posture Breaking techniques

4/17/06 2:00 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BackDrop
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Apr-06

Bolo, Can you tell me about the posture breaking techniques in your gi choke DVD? What kind and how much (in minutes) do you cover? You go into great details about how to keep the posture in the guard in UGP. I was hoping to find that sort of information about posture breaking in UG1 or UG2, but you barely touch the subject in those two tapes, so I'm curious to know... Thanks.
4/17/06 3:05 AM
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 17-Apr-06
I mad those videos like 6 years ago, so I don't remember how many minutes I spent on posture breaking. However, I can say that Joe Moreira and I cover countering for the most common forms of posture that are used.
4/1/07 12:16 PM
BalcomBJJ

Edited: 01-Apr-07
Bolo, I watched the Ultimate Gi Chokes DVD 1 today, and under the Counters section there was alot of good stuff. There was a posture that I was kind of hoping that you would cover, but didnt, so maybe you could help here. The posture im refering to is when a guy basically stalls out. He rests his head on your chest/sternum, sinks his butt low for base, and has each arm on the side of your body with the hands either in your arm pits, or on your ribs hugging your body. I've learned a few ways of countering this, and shrimping out to one side, and pushing his head to the other, but I was wondering if you had any set ups or sequences like you do with all of your other stuff. Thanx!
4/2/07 4:01 PM
groundfighter2000
469 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02-Apr-07
ttt
4/2/07 8:33 PM
Bolo

BalcomBJJ, I think you are forgetting what "posture breaking" is about. Posture breaking is first and foremost about putting your opponent in a position that he is unable to uncross your ankles. Therefore if he is unable or unwilling to uncross your ankles, you accomplished your goal when it comes to posture breaking. The thing you are talking about is not posture breaking because if you opponent is doing what you are saying, he is unable (and unwilling) to uncross your ankles from that position. You have already accomplished the first and foremost goal of posture breaking. You are now talking about attacking an opponent who is stalling which is a different subject.
4/2/07 8:49 PM
BalcomBJJ

Bolo, Would you mind giving a few ideas of some good attacks for someone who is stalling?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.