UnderGround Forums

Football Ground >> Anyone going to a game tomorrow?

4/28/06 11:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Chris Morrison
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 28-Apr-06

I'm getting up earlyish and going to Barnsley Vs Bradford. So need to get train to Leeds, then to Barnsley in time to watch the midday Premiership game in a pub in Barnsley. Then cheer Bradford on at 3pm. Should be fairly decent atmosphere since they're going for a play-off place and they resent our multi-cultural city. Last time we played them they spent half their time chanting "You're just a town full of Paki's", those crazy coal-eating South Yorkshire twats. Taking a crate of beers between us to get fairly well-oiled on the train. Oh a grand old all-dayer. Anyone else going to a game tomorrow? Home/away? Who to see? Anything to play for?
4/28/06 11:18 AM
Chris Morrison

For clarification, it is Barnsley going for the play-offs, not us, we've been rubbish this season. Too little, too late. I'll try and remember my camera and document the quintessential Bradford awayday experience - disappointment.
4/28/06 11:20 AM
Shotgun Mick

I'm going to see the team I used to play for, Heaton Stannington. I will be walking there from my house and if the weather is fine they may have an attendance of almost 20 (and a dog). Then may go to the pub to watch Birmingham v NEWCASTLE on dodgy arabic tv. Good times.
4/28/06 11:24 AM
Chris Morrison

Nice move on the pub with dodgy foreign channels! With Five Live radio commentary played over the top of it?
4/28/06 12:57 PM
Shotgun Mick

They usually just play the foreign commentary actually.
4/28/06 1:06 PM
Govnor

I may try and watch a couple of Prem games on dodgy chinese streaming on the interwebs...but then again, I may not.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.