UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Low Budget High Def.

4/29/06 11:23 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SatanJR
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 29-Apr-06

Anyone here have a chance to fuck with that new small Sanyo HDV camera? $800 for a 720p is an awesome deal. I have seen sample footage from it and although it looks a little washed out, I am impressed. The thing is small enough to keep in your pocket and would be an awesome tool in the tool box IMO. With a little elbow grease you could probably shoot small/low budget type films with it and have actual 1280x720@30fps progressive frames to work with. It shoots 28 minutes on to a 2gb SD card, which seems kind of bad, but if you think about it, you will save a shitload of time from not having to capture the video, and you can reuse the SD cards forever. I am very tempted to pick one up, just to experiment with and have handy just in case the need arises.
4/29/06 4:48 PM
Lynn@Renzos

Edited: 29-Apr-06
Sounds interesting, especially for the price. If you do, please review it on here.
5/1/06 11:40 PM
DVant

Edited: 01-May-06
So what can we say? The HD1 is a mix of good news bad news. The handling and design have been tremendously improved, and functions have been reviewed too, like for example the manual exposure when taking pictures. Nothing but good news... until you start shooting videos, the video quality is an absolute disaster, and nothing like HD video. The same goes for the image stabilizer, that is totally inefficient. The HD1 is a real disappointment, and we really hope that Sanyo will review this product asap and release a product that lives up to their announcement and our expectations.? http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/hdv/
5/2/06 1:55 AM
SatanJR

Edited: 02-May-06
the sample footage I downloaded from people who own the camera doesn't look bad at all. It's not clean as a decent 3ccd DV camera but sometimes I would be willing to accept lower quality in exchange for higher res.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.