UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Boxing Odds Week May 3

5/6/06 7:21 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
sawdusk
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-May-06
I like oscar winning by stoppage... +165... my gut says decision by dlh (which is +155) but I really think mayorga is gonna do something stupid and get caught or no mas his way out of this one... I think oscar is gonna embarrass him with his boxing skills...
5/6/06 11:14 AM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com

Eagle Kyowa BEAT Rodel Mayol by Decision in 12 Rounds 

That bout was a sweat job.  I opened at Eagle -400 a couple weeks ago and it closed around -200. 

5/6/06 11:34 AM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com
Eagle Kyowa (16-1, 6 KOs), 105, kept his WBC 105-pound belt by winning a unanimopus decision (114-113, 115-112 and 117-110) over previously unbeaten Rodel Mayol (23-1, 17 KOs), 105, over hard-fought 12 rounds on Saturday in Tokyo, Japan.. Eagle confirmed his victory over the strong challenger by dropping him in the 12th and final round.
5/6/06 2:13 PM
FightingMajor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kyowa pulled it out in the late rounds it appears. Good for you and the books on that one Joey. Bad for me, as I had small money on Mayol +292. One guy told me Mayol was winning handily first 6 or 7 rounds. Come on Ricardo!!!!! Knock his frigin head off!!!!!
5/6/06 6:46 PM
Taiyashi

The Kyowa fight looks to be a good one. I can't wait to grab a copy when it comes out. I got scared off my play on Mayol around Thursday at midnight for a number of reasons: I played to win 20 units on Mayol early mostly based on the number which would definitely be played down when people got on Mayol; and By Thursday I had new doubts based on the more recent footage I saw of Kyowa. The man is just so calm in battle it's amazing and he also has great stamina. So I hedged it enough to get a free play on Kyowa to win just 2 units but it was a free play so I didn't have to stay up itching for results. I had my fill for the week so good luck to the rest of you who are playing the Saturday cards. JK
5/6/06 7:43 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com
I played Oscar tonight when he hit -254.  I was gonna pull the trigger bigger, but  just didnt have the balz. This will be 1st time ina while I will be routing for Oscar.  He hurt me betting against him early in his career, but its since turned and made up for it against Mosely 2x and Hopkins. A win tonight is likley to put him ina  favorable position when I look back on his career in relation to my wagering.  A loss will put him in the coksuker category with wagering dissappointments like Andrew Golota and Mike Tyson.
5/6/06 9:03 PM
FightingMajor

Well, I hope he ends up in the cocksucker category.
5/6/06 9:50 PM
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just bet on the under in this one. It's probably going to be Mayorga on the wrong end of a TKO, but I would love to see him drop the Golden Boy.
5/6/06 11:00 PM
Ruffdogg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I highly doubt he could knock mayorga out. I'm riding with the decision on this one. LOL at the cocksucker category
5/7/06 12:23 AM
sawdusk
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-May-06
OSCAR AT +165!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STOPPAGE!!! been a long time since I hit a + on boxing.. hope everyone else had similar luck... we drink...
5/7/06 1:36 AM
Ruffdogg
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

this sucks, i totally lost on this one. Thought mayorga's chin was good enough for it to hit decision
5/7/06 11:49 AM
FightingMajor

That was an OUTSTANDING performance!!!!!
5/8/06 2:37 PM
FightingMajor

Edited: 08-May-06
Bare Eye : Why Mayol bungled his world title bid First posted 03:57am (Mla time) May 08, 2006 By Recah Trinidad Inquirer Editor's Note: Published on page A30 of the May 8, 2006 issue of the Philippine Daily Inquirer TOKYO -- Rodel Mayol, who had looked every elegant inch the sure winner in the first six rounds, remained in the hospital yesterday, the morning after his tragic failure to capture the world minimumweight boxing crown here. Gina Matsuoka, wife of Mayol?s Japanese manager, said their boxer threw up inside his dugout after the bruising fight at the Korakuen Hall. Mayol was both shaken and burned out but a CT scan done on the failed title-seeker from Mandaue City did not bare any serious injury. ?He was severely drained and was still being administered dextrose,? Ms Matsuoka explained. It was not clear when Mayol, ordered to take a complete rest, would be released. * * * Well, this is not supposed to be a consolation, but Eagle Kyowa, the defending champion who came from behind to frustrate Mayol?s crown bid, was also in the same hospital where Mayol landed Saturday night. ?He (Kyowa) was still throwing up and was, in fact, in a wheelchair,? reported Print this story Send this story Write the editor Reprint this article View other stories Mayol stablemate Malcolm Tu?acao. Tu?acao, who successfully defended his Orient-Pacific bantamweight title via an 11th round stoppage in the undercard to the main bout Saturday, could be right in suggesting Kyowa had suffered the bigger injury. Pummeled and punished in the first half of the 12-round title fight, Kyowa was pitifully headed for the dead-end in his title defense. For one, Kyowa, his face, puffed and bloodied by Mayol?s sharp, powerful blows in the early rounds, could barely see his foe with his badly damaged right eye. * * * Until yesterday, however, it was a puzzle to many how and why Mayol failed to show up in the seventh round. No, Mayol was actually seen there inside the ring, but at that point it was already a dumb, confused born-loser who was doing the crown chase against the resurgent champion. Suddenly gone was the splendid and gutsy warrior who had never lost in all 22 previous bouts. Anyway, what made Mayol?s defeat doubly tragic was the fact that, contrary to initial suggestions, he did not even have to surpass himself. In dominating Kyowa in the first half of the bout, Mayol was just being his usual strong, sharp self. Yes, the world title, well within grasp, could only be a couple of good rounds away. In short, Mayol had reached the bridge after Kyowa failed to solve the challenger?s fiery assault. * * * All Mayol had to do was cross over and that would be it. What followed instead was a monumental fold-up. Mayol suddenly turned tentative, missed his step, lost steam and started groping like someone suddenly stricken silly by motion sickness. He no longer knew where he was headed. All the right things he had done in the first six rounds were reduced to garbage starting the seventh, before he allowed himself to be hacked with a killer right in the final round. At least he salvaged a descent defeat on points, despite being floored in the final round. Whether that decking was caused by a push or a valid punch was beside the point. What inevitably became clear was that Mayol, contrary to what he had bragged, was not at peak form. He was not properly prepared. He had played hooky during the Holy Week break, while his trainer holidayed in nearby Bohol province. They could say he was only half-ready, but it would not be right to buy that line. Mayol claimed he had trained hardest, and sparred over a hundred rounds. But he was evidently not even half-ready. Otherwise, he would have not ended up behaving sick and throwing garbage in the crucial closing rounds. There was a breakdown in the training system, as confirmed by reliable sources. Maybe his manager had been overly sweet and kind to members of Team Mayol, to the trainer mainly. But Mayol must be taught to mature, now. After his manager had gullibly allowed Mayol to come in only half-baked for the crown chase, he must also start looking for a new cook, quick please.
5/8/06 2:49 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

http://www.worldboxingvideoarchive.com/details.php?id=891

Torrent there.  Great fight.

5/8/06 7:39 PM
Taiyashi

That article is pretty biased. It seems to give Kyowa no credit at all for digging deep and pulling out the win. It is also not fair to say Mayol "dominated" the first 6 as the first and fifth were close and I gave the first to Kyowa. Kyowa was the one who turned it up the second half because Mayol still got in punches that had pop but Kyowa was the one pressing and landing more effectively. The man has 15 round stamina and had carried his power into the 12th. The fight as a whole was very competetive and anybody who felt cheated by any non-competetive fights on the weekend need to check this fight out. Mayol was truly a deserving contender but Kyowa proved he was the champion that night.JK

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.