Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
George A
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Mar-02

How got is it?
3/7/02 8:32 AM
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been a student for years and I have a lot of info and resources. But, I'll let Tony give his opinion!
Tony Blauer

Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
I recently tried some Ashtanga Yoga and loved it. If I could do it everyday I would, it was extremely physcial, a wicked stretch and very relaxing. I highly recommend Yoga for athletes. Tony
nowaydo
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I Agree! But, know there are many styles, just as there are many styles of martial arts! Most Hatha yoga programs will get you more flexible and will help your breathing. But, Ashtanga is a real athlete's yoga. You'll get strength, cardio, learn how to breath in co-ordination with your movement(very helpful to martial artist), concentration(dristi) and flexibility. Iyengar is good too. It's like the ballet of yoga. You hold poses for a "long" time and correction is very detailed. You will get more flexible and stronger. Muscle endurance galore! Bikram is a style with mostly standing poses, so you will perfect maintaining your balance...but, the key here is "heat"! You do his style of yoga in a room that's from 80-90 degrees! It's like wrestling practice! Any questions about styles or centers in your area, email me: nowaydo@gateway.net
Tony Blauer

OF course Deane, remember we're aliens from another planet. :-) T
The RealStudent

All together, now: "AUMMMMMMMMMMM!!!" For those who are into Resistance Training: "OHMMMMMMMMMM!!!" :-) RS
Big Papa Todd

Check out http://www.quantumjujitsu.com. Sensei Jermey Corbell teaches Warrior Yoga as well as other Arts. Great warmup before you start training. Check out his site. Sensei Corbell is one the Best Martial Artist I have ever met. Todd Norwood
sak-fu

which type of yoga does rickson do?
nowaydo

I've seen Rickson's yoga. The breathing exercises most resemble Kundalini yoga's "Breath of fire" yet, his movement is more of the vinyasa from Ashtanga. I don't know who trained him!
sak-fu

i am interested in that breathing thing that rickson does? where can i find some stuff on that. does the amerross tape teach things similar to that?
Tony Blauer

I've heard from some of the guys I've worked with that the ROSS breathing is very effective, I havent had a chance to look into it, but I'll drag Scott over here for a moment if he's available [or pop over there] to see if he has insight into this. Tony
KENWINGJITSU

Ohm mane padme ohm. Namste. Yes, Rickson's yoga is very "astanga-like". And the breathing is definitely the breath of fire from Kundalini.
Grapplingken

I am not sure but I believe Rickson practices Ginastica Natural.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.