UnderGround Forums

NatureGround >> Pond Project

4/13/10 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

art it wasnt that hard if youre thinkin about it. The key is to be patient and go at your own pace
4/13/10 12:03 PM
BigEyedFish
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. I connected a powerhead/pump at the bottom of the pond. A hose (corrugated, can find at any garden center) is connected to it and runs buried under the pebble beach and to the back of the pond where I run the water through a filter, and up the back of the waterfall mound for the spillover effect. It is vital to get either a filter with a UV clarifier, or a separate UV clarifier tool so that the water stays clear and doesnt go all green and shitty.
4/13/10 3:16 PM
Zimbaly
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You ready for pond season Fish?
4/13/10 6:02 PM
BigEyedFish

Shit I wish. Like I said in a previous post on here I actually moved and vacated my old house/pond :(

BUT there is hope. I have a new property on a couple of acres so Im going to build the mother of all ponds soon. I will of course document it here when I get started. Its only been a few days of Spring here so far but I really miss watching the flowers come back and the fish wake up and start being active. *sighs*
4/15/10 12:42 AM
Zimbaly

I know what you mean. My folks pond is going already. I'm really waiting for the praying mantis eggs to hatch. I want to get some crazy macro shots and film of them. I'm really wanting to test out my 7D on the whole thing in general, but those eggs are a big one.
7/6/10 4:13 AM
KnuckleBumps
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome...i wish i would have stumbled across this thread years ago
7/6/10 12:16 PM
BigEyedFish

Thanks. Its mid summer now and Im dying to get started on the new one. Im hoping I can dig the hole this year and outfit it next year...
1/9/11 1:15 AM
samichlaus
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great thread
1/9/11 1:21 AM
BigEyedFish

BigEyedFish - Thanks. I dont have a dag, but I doubt they could do anything too destructive (aside from digging I suppose). When its done, the liner will be tucked into the earth and there will be a pretty extensive rock border on it. My Dr. has a pond and a pretty big dog and has not had any problems for the last few years with him. Let me know if you decide to do it, Ill be glad to share some of the do's and don'ts that I learned.

Thanks! You know this thread is old now that I have two dogs (one is almost 4 years old). Oh, and my doctor committed suicide too :/
1/9/11 4:33 AM
RyanPleasure

Just wondering how much you paid for that Gold Butterfly Koi looks pretty awesome..
1/9/11 10:57 AM
BigEyedFish

Not too much, the fish was small....I think it was around $80.00. Relatively cheap for koi and compared to some of the other fish I bought for that pond. Fish are like purebred dogs (well these fish anyway). When you get better bloodlines, the price is usually higher. I will say this: The fish I paid alot more lived through the winter a lot easier than the others.
1/30/11 4:46 PM
Depressed Bengals Fan

Just found this thread. Any new updates about your new pond?
1/31/11 10:05 AM
BigEyedFish

Nope. No new pond yet. Im trying to figure out how to do it since I have a much larger property now and would need a fence around it. I will definitely put up pics once I get going :)
6/11/12 11:16 PM
Pencil Neck
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT. Start your new pond already.
6/11/12 11:32 PM
BigEyedFish

lol I came soooo close to pulling the trigger this year.  Had it drawn up and a list made.  Had to put the money elsewhere.  What I want to build is going to cost me around 15,000, and that is even with me having some of the equipment already.  
6/12/12 1:19 AM
samichlaus
256 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BigEyedFish -  lol I came soooo close to pulling the trigger this year.  Had it drawn up and a list made.  Had to put the money elsewhere.  What I want to build is going to cost me around 15,000, and that is even with me having some of the equipment already.  

That will seriously put a dent in your strip club money.
6/12/12 10:07 AM
BigEyedFish

tell me about it - its brutal.  Im into my third year in my new house but there is so much to do to bring it up to speed - the house I wont say was neglected, but there was a lot that was done half ass, so it cost me a good penny.  Plus I started a new real estate venture so that took a lot of cashola too.  But my play priorities are to get a boat and a pond.  Not sure what order but Ill get one or both next year Im sure.  
6/12/12 12:33 PM
Pencil Neck
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck the boat. Build the pond big and toss in an inner tube and you got your boat.
5/7/14 9:32 PM
PoiuPoiu
168 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

so its been 2 years. any updates ?

5/7/14 9:52 PM
BigEyedFish

Black Belt, Niagara Falls, ON

nothing on the pond front.   I wish...Im trying to get my friend to buy my neighbors house so we can build one that goes across into his property lol.   I found this pic.  I would love to do something like the little sunken sitting area in the middle of it all...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.