UnderGround Forums

Mississippi Underground >> Stuff to do in Tupelo?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/8/06 12:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 08-May-06

I'll be fighting there June 3rd, and I have a friend getting married (RIP) June 10th so we're looking at having a bachelor party of sorts during/after the fights.  Is there some cool stuff or would we be better off heading back towards Memphis or Tunica?  Some cheap strip clubs to get thrown out of would be ideal.  Thanks.

BTW, please don't misunderstand me and think that I'm not taking the fight seriously or overlooking my opponent or anything; these are guys I grew up with so if I were to get my ass kicked and we all went out afterwards anyway it wouldn't be the first time.  Just trying to have a good time.

5/11/06 9:55 AM
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11-May-06

I don't have a lot of details on the show yet, I just found out about it a couple weeks ago.  Mark Romano is the matchmaker, if that tells you anything.

"Cheap strip club...I wouldn't recommend it."  That sounds right up our alley.

5/12/06 3:06 PM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 12-May-06
June 3rd, 7:00 P.M. "Flatline at the Ramada" tickets are $20, 25, or 30 depending on how close you want to sit.
5/15/06 5:13 PM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 15-May-06
Yes, amateur MMA.  What kind of details do you want?  Are you looking to fight or just come watch?
5/16/06 9:51 AM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 16-May-06
Cool, hope to see you there.  I'll be the really tall impossibly thin gay looking dude.
5/18/06 5:02 PM
Tansu 3D
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 18-May-06
This event is at the Ramada Inn ? How many fights are on the card, and what wt. classes? I'd like to finally get to see some MMA live! Tupelo does have some clubs with live bands, and a lot of restaurants. No strip clubs though. Corinth is probably the closest place with one, but Memphis isn't a whole lot further, and will have a lot more to do than Corinth will. There is a strip club South of Tupelo called Daworks Larey (not sure about the spelling). I believe its in West Point, MS.
5/19/06 1:40 PM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 19-May-06
I believe it is in the hotel's convention center.  Not sure how many fights yet, I think the weight classes are on a match by match basis (as is typical of amateur shows)  I'm fighting at 180.
6/2/06 9:05 AM
Tansu 3D

Edited: 02-Jun-06
I just heard on the radio that some fighters from TUF will be at this event, watching. Anyone know who?
6/5/06 9:55 AM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 05-Jun-06

I didn't see any, but I don't really watch TUF anyway so I don't know.

As far as my fight, damned if I didn't get cut on pretty much the first punch of the night.  Everything was going fine, but the cut was too much and I got stopped early in the first round.  Had a good time otherwise, and hopefully I'll be back for the next one in October.

6/6/06 4:14 PM
spideynhb
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06-Jun-06
joey you looked good for the 30sec that the fight went (or whateva) bad f-ing luck on the cut... but you'll be back, I have no doubt.
6/6/06 4:28 PM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 06-Jun-06

DVN, that was actually my fourth opponent they matched me up with that week because the other guys kept getting hurt.  He outweighed me by about 15 pounds maybe, but with my reach advantage I wasn't too concerned.  My tattoo does say "respect" because people don't always respect you when your back is turned, so I thought I'd leave them a little reminder.

Spidey, I felt good, I was in shape, got to throw a few hands, everything was working except for the cut.  When we went to the ground I was working to overhook an arm because I knew I was cut and wanted to go for the armbar entry you showed me, but I didn't have time.  Oh well.

6/7/06 9:31 AM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 07-Jun-06

Batesville, AR.

6/7/06 4:40 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07-Jun-06
gamble
6/8/06 9:38 AM
Crush Crawfish

Edited: 08-Jun-06

We're about 235 miles from Tupelo. 

My friends showed up Friday night at about 11:00 already drunk and except the guy driving they pretty much stayed drunk the whole weekend, so we never really made it to any clubs.  We did go to the Waffle House and tried flirting with some girls, but that didn't go over any better than my fight did.  We wound up just drinking, watching TV, and playing video games in the room.  I think they went out some Friday night/Saturday morning but I was busy with stuff then so I don't know how it went really.  We had a lot of fun though.

6/15/06 8:58 AM
Tansu 3D

Edited: 15-Jun-06
CC, Glad your stay in Tupelo was fun. Dr.VN, do you live in Tupelo, and who do you train with, if you don't mind me asking?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.