UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> tell me about vieled chameleons

5/13/06 6:01 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 13-May-06

Well, I made an impulse buy at a reptile show today. I know, I know, pets should never be "impulse" buys.

Anyway, I was wondering if I could get some opinions on these guys from some OG'res that might have already, or currently own some. I got two, male and female and they're very young. I've been told to split 'em up real soon since they're territorial and all.

5/24/06 12:21 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-May-06
Awesome looking buggers, never kept any myself but i do know a bit from researching them as we hope to one day possibly care for some. I know they have kind of a difficult reputation as captives due to some odd and seemingly conflicting needs like high humidity, but plenty of ventilation. Basically this necessitates having a drip system that continually drips down a large plant like a ficus tree, with screen sides to get the air flow needed. Temps i believe are a bit lower than some other herps but you definitely still want some sort of a hotspot. I also have read that they love lots of room to roam and some people have kept them with shelves higer up in the room and viney plants making sort of a bridge over a doorway for example to another large plant. I recommend checking kingsnake.com for the chameleon section for proper care tips and info though. What i posted was just sort of off the top of my head.
5/24/06 3:29 PM
glock4life
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 24-May-06
thanks spank!!
6/15/06 4:20 AM
Spankenstyne
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 15-Jun-06
Hah we saw some babies at the show last weekend and now the woman is all psyched about getting one...

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.