UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> physical therapy?

5/14/06 8:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diego stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-May-06

Anyone know what the average salary is for a PT? Good career path?
5/14/06 3:53 PM
Gortiz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard that now they require an extra year, and will be doctors, but like optometrists, and not MDs. A PT Aide said that once he's done, his starting salary would be roughly $75,000. Just eavesdropping in the PT office I was last in, I've heard most offices were shorthanded. But again, this is all hearsay.
5/14/06 5:10 PM
eabeam
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know the numbers, but I had some friends in it. Getting in private practice or working for a big name team has $$$. However, in the meantime, most people are stuck taping ankles of lazy people you sprained something on the toilet. 2/3 of the people I knew at Northeastern changed majors after their first coop internship and got a dose of being a rookie. the ones that stuck with it seem pretty successful and happy though.
5/14/06 9:43 PM
Gortiz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting; The PT office who treated me had 3 graduates from Northeastern. They all seemed very knowledgeable and good at what they do.
5/16/06 8:51 AM
eabeam
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-May-06
It is a big program. I think a lot of people got into it with dreams of working in the NBA or Olympic teams. NU's co-op program gives people a dose of reality early in the program. That's true of any degree. It is really nice to know what you are getting into.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.