UnderGround Forums

AcademicGround >> physical therapy?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/14/06 8:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Diego stole my name
121 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-May-06

Anyone know what the average salary is for a PT? Good career path?
5/14/06 3:53 PM
Gortiz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've heard that now they require an extra year, and will be doctors, but like optometrists, and not MDs. A PT Aide said that once he's done, his starting salary would be roughly $75,000. Just eavesdropping in the PT office I was last in, I've heard most offices were shorthanded. But again, this is all hearsay.
5/14/06 5:10 PM
eabeam
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't know the numbers, but I had some friends in it. Getting in private practice or working for a big name team has $$$. However, in the meantime, most people are stuck taping ankles of lazy people you sprained something on the toilet. 2/3 of the people I knew at Northeastern changed majors after their first coop internship and got a dose of being a rookie. the ones that stuck with it seem pretty successful and happy though.
5/14/06 9:43 PM
Gortiz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Interesting; The PT office who treated me had 3 graduates from Northeastern. They all seemed very knowledgeable and good at what they do.
5/16/06 8:51 AM
eabeam
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 16-May-06
It is a big program. I think a lot of people got into it with dreams of working in the NBA or Olympic teams. NU's co-op program gives people a dose of reality early in the program. That's true of any degree. It is really nice to know what you are getting into.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.