UnderGround Forums

MMA Wagering UnderGround >> Interesting Upcoming Bouts

5/14/06 6:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
FightingMajor
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 14-May-06

On Wed, May 17 ESPN, there is a journeymans dream match between Emanuel Augustus and Marteze Logan. These two are well known as the guy to call at the last minute to fill a spot. Both have taken more fights on short notice than even Pride fighters. Logan took this fight on short notice. Should be a fairly even scrap, with Augustus having an edge. On Thurs, May 18 a really good fight on PPV between Julio Diaz and Ricky Quiles. This is a solid fight that could go either way. Diaz will be the favorite, but Quiles is slick enough to give him some troubles, and could win a decision. Diaz has superior power. I've reviewed a bunch of their fights this weekend, and came to the conclusion I can't split them. On Fri, May 19 ESPN we have Yusaf Mack vs. Alejandro Berrio. Mack is basically a talented underachiever. Berrio is a dangerous puncher. He surprise me with his win over veteran Vanderpool. Berrio was rocked a few times in that fight, but just kept the pressure on before he finally knocked Vanderpool down and then knocked him solidly out. Berrio can really punch, but can also be rocked. The key to this fight is the kind of mindset and conditioning Mack comes in with. That, I don't have a clear answer to as of right now. On Saturday, May 20 HBO Barrera faces Rocky Juarez and Jorge Barrios faces Janos Nagy. The undercard also has some talent, although it will not be aired, as Chikashi Inada faces Jose Armondo Santa Cruz and the hot prospect Rey Bautista takes on Roberto Bonilla. This is a pretty solid card, but not spectacular.
5/14/06 9:47 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com
Just a heads up....like to keep you guys informed. I'll be moving my office 2mmrow and will be tied up most of the day, maybe even into Tuesday. I imagine I will have maybe 24hrs downtime, b/c nothing ever seems to go as planned, esp in Central America. I am hoping to have the Wednesday bouts out sometime Tuesday or maybe even as late as Wednesday morning. But I am pushing for TRuesday. Moving really sux.
5/14/06 10:02 PM
FightingMajor

Thanks Joey.
5/15/06 2:47 AM
Taiyashi

Edited: 15-May-06
Heads up to all bettors: Don't forget about Danny Green vs Anthony Mundine this Wed. but get your bets in by Tues. My money is on Green so I'll have to wait and see before I get frisky with any other lines. I probably overbet this fight but it's always a gamble so no big deal. Personally, I'm looking forward to Cora Jr/Tokarev, Mack/Berrio, Magee/Takaloo, and Inada/Santa Cruz. Good luck to all the bettors.JK
5/15/06 12:31 PM
FightingMajor

Danny Green vs. Anthony Mundine is a HUGE fight in Australia. I forgot that one, but of course I ran out of time as my kids were yelling at me to come and play SpongeBob Monopoly. Hey Taiyashi, I could not find any tape on Inada or Tokarev, do you know of any? Felix Cora is the one who set the Cruiserweight record for punch volume in one round, so you can bet he will be active. I've seen him, and he is a good prospect. I see Jose Santa Cruz as a vulnerable fighter. I am surprised he got by Cherry. Someone with power will get Santa Cruz out of there, I do believe. As for Green and Mundine, pwnitat0r probably has the most like scenario, but I am just not sold on Mundine's mental game. Green will be putting the kind of pressure on him, combined with the pressure of this being one of the most hyped fights ever in Australia, that can certainly break him down. I would personally not touch this fight with a ten foot pole. It is a pure crap shoot, it is that close. I always had a slight lean toward Green, and the father/son issue of a month ago only strengthened my lean. Of course, I hear they have resolved and Mundine Sr. will be in the corner. Nonetheless, that had to be distraction.
5/15/06 7:27 PM
Taiyashi

I have seen Inada about two times: one versus a no hoper and the other was his first loss for the Japanese title(he was robbed; other guy was hometown). Inada is an elogated boxer puncher. He prefers to stick a long jab out there to set up his attack. I did notice that he was not that effective on the inside though but his outside game is pretty good. His height is pretty even with Santa Cruz so the fight may be determined by who uses their height better based on both styles. I think Santa Cruz has a decent inside game where his digging hooks can stop the thin or just as thin Inada from winning this fight. I have only read about Tokaev so I don't really have a strong opinion on him but I heard he is a very well-schooled boxer-puncher type so it should be good. JK
5/16/06 7:09 PM
FightingMajor

Edited: 16-May-06
Julio Diaz opened up -200 at sportsbetting, which is right about where I thought it would be. The reality is the fight is closer than that, but certainly more people are familar with Diaz and he does have more power. Navarro opened at -2200, which is pretty inflated, but you won't catch me playing the dog. I knew Navarro would be out of reach to lay the chalk, but that is really high. He will win the fight, though, so no debating it. Money seems to be inching toward Rocky against Barrera on Saturday. There are those who feel Barrera is do for a letdown and will "one night" show his age. Is Rocky live enough to pull the upset? His training sure seems to be going well. I will give my opinion a little later. I picked up some decent information on Tokarev, which I don't want to mention just yet.
5/19/06 10:43 PM
FightingMajor

Edited: 19-May-06
Nice fight by Berrio. That gets back in the green for the week.
5/20/06 8:40 AM
FightingMajor

Edited: 20-May-06
MAB/Juarez: I've been thinking about this and I have not made a decision to play this, but am tempted. I am thinking, right now, that MAB is WAY above Juarez in class. I am thinking there is no way for Juarez to win this. I don't even think his power will carry to 130 lbs, and especially not against Barrera. It looks like a complete mismatch to me. I am not impressed with Juarez's boxing skills. That was one of my nicest hits last year, Humberto Soto +360. Just not sure if I want to lay that chalk.
5/20/06 2:54 PM
Oddessa
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoeyOddessa.com
I agree. This bout should be named MAb vs Father Time, b/c time is the only thing Juarez has over MAB.
5/20/06 8:03 PM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

a small upset this afternoon............

Mehrdud Takaloo BEAT Eamonn Magee by Decision in 12 Rounds

5/20/06 8:26 PM
esch99
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think that MAB will not only win, but will KO Juarez...at least that's what I'm hoping. I think he will pour on the pressure once he sees that he has nothing to fear from Rocky. He did fight a somewhat cautious fight his last time out, though...
5/21/06 12:07 AM
FightingMajor

Edited: 21-May-06
When they were going to the cards, I never dreamed it would be a draw. I thought Barrera would win by 2 - 3 points.
5/21/06 1:00 AM
Taiyashi

Well, this sucks. Barrera was just declared the actual winner. I had over 60 units on Barrera and they mess up addition. I wonder if they actually use calculators. I'm guessing that the first decision stands even though it is still the same day the actual decision is announced. JK
5/21/06 1:41 AM
FightingMajor

Pinny credited the win already.
5/21/06 2:28 AM
Taiyashi

Yeah, Pinny was on the ball. I only had a portion of my total bet at Pinny. The rest of my bet is at 5dimes and they have yet to grade my wager and I'm starting to think that they might not follow Pinny's lead. Here's hoping they do.JK
5/21/06 2:55 AM
Oddessa

JoeyOddessa.com

Has happened before.

http://www.fightnews.com/watt108.htm

M.E.N. Arena, Manchester, Greater Manchester, England

10-18- 2003- In Jin Chi vs Michael Brodie ended in a DRAW after 12 Rounds

~ Referee: Daniel Van de Wiele | 112-114 | 113-113 | 113-113 ~
~ Vacant WBC Featherweight Title ~

The fight was initially a MD12 for Chi, but it was changed to a majority draw half hour later when WBC President Jose Sulaiman determined that there was an error in the scoring of one of the cards.
Title had been declared vacant when reigning champ Erik Morales was named "WBC Champion Emeritus".

MAb by Decision is the correct grade. Fight for your money. he won the fight. No arguement favoring  a Draw

5/21/06 1:00 PM
FightingMajor

Taiyashi, did 5dimes make the correct call?
5/21/06 6:45 PM
Taiyashi

Yeah, it took them a while but when I checked this morning they gave me the win. It partially covered my total losses so my week wasn't a total wash.JK
5/21/06 8:13 PM
FightingMajor

Word of warning! I heard of a guy who had a bunch of money with betfair on Barerra, and they would not change the decision. He lost his chance to win. I don't know much about betfair, but I have seen them advertising that they have the best prices for betting.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.